• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clipped without my permission

kanth

Strolling the yard
I have tile floor. I want to move him to a carpeted room but my roommate has a Great Dane and the only carpeted room is the living room so unless I keep either the bird or dog caged 24/7 it can’t happen, so not an option. I don’t have yelp but I asked my roommate to leave a bad review for me

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What everyone does, I don't think so. My vet asks me if I want their wings clipped.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have tile floor. I want to move him to a carpeted room but my roommate has a Great Dane and the only carpeted room is the living room so unless I keep either the bird or dog caged 24/7 it can’t happen, so not an option. I don’t have yelp but I asked my roommate to leave a bad review for me
Then you should put an old quilt, towels or anything soft so that if/when your fid tries to fly there will be something soft to land on. Check out thrift stores & you may be able to get a good deal on an old comforter or quilt. I am speaking from experience w/a bird whose wings were clipped too short.

Yelp is a site that helps rate consumer services like restaurants, stores, etc. It is free.

clawnz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
Depending on where you live.
There are a few things you can try.
Threaten them with legal action.
It is classed as cruelty in some places. But anyway you have them on medical mispractice.
No matter what they tell you.
Can you get free legal advise.
Also tell them you are posting in the local papers and on social media.

So they can pay the cost for Imping.
And make sure another Avian Vet does this.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
You can google search them and write review thru google also. You will need a gmail account. I have done this to several businesses.
My vet and I have a understanding, I do my own wings clips, if necessary. They do Bebe's nails, but I do Sweet Pea's myself.

Last edited:

kanth

Strolling the yard
I put towels on the ground around his cage and my roommate left a bad review.
I don’t know the laws about it here but I live in Tennessee

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
The 2 vets I use (at the same practice) never even ask if you want them clipped, they'll only clip if you ask them to.

kanth

Strolling the yard
I’ve never had luck finding a good vet. I have a couple that are okay but I’m not happy with them. I have a vet I go to for reptiles/mammals but he doesn’t do birds.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I’ve never had luck finding a good vet. I have a couple that are okay but I’m not happy with them. I have a vet I go to for reptiles/mammals but he doesn’t do birds.
Maybe ask him if he could recommend an avian one and tell him why.

kanth

Strolling the yard
I did and he reccomended the one I already go to. It’s an hour or two getting there, depending on traffic, and the vet is always rude & judgmental. & she claims to be a nutritionist but insists birds diets be 100% pellets, among other problems I have with her.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Consider asking your vet for another avian referral because you don't like the one he recommended and it is far to drive. If this is the vet that clipped your fid's wings, tell your non avian vet that is why you are looking. One of my two vets has another avian vet who is a :hween8:. She's very much like the one you mention.

kanth

Strolling the yard
I found another vet I’m going to try. Part of me understands why avian vets can be so rude, I had a rescue for a year and hearing stories of mistreated animals day in and day out made me..not so kind to humans, to put it nicely.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Who owns that vet office? I would find out and write them a letter detailing what happened and the vets response. Written words can be powerful. If you do this maybe other customers will not have their birds mutilated by this vet. Don't think there is nothing you can do. You bird is paying the price!!