• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clingy Pups...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
For the past 2 weeks, my 2 pups have been very " clingy" to me, Is this a stage they go thru ? & how long does it last for ? They make me feel so guilty, leaving them, when I have to go to work, they start to cry, & makes me so darn guilty leaving them, that I have to give them each a pep talk, before I leave, " I see you at supper time", they each get picked up and hugged and kissed and a pep talk. I leave a lite on for them in the kitchen, along with radio. Any suggestions on not getting them so clingy ?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it is a stage they go through...they love you...you are doing all you can to make them comfy..maybe a coupleof safe toys too.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Instead of making a big thing out of leaving, give them attention at least a half hour before you leave and then just leave. That will indicate that your leaving is no big thing and is normal in the relationship. Giving them a lot of attention as you are leaving just winds them up. Then when you get home, give them some concentrated attention as you get home and make the homecoming more wonderful than the leave taking.

My dogs hardly ever looked up as I left for work, yet were always waiting by the door when I arrived home.

Status
Not open for further replies.