• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Clever bird!

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Hey clever are these little birds!!!?

Flynn is full of surprises.

He's started talking- and he is picking up everything. This morning when I woke up and uncovered him I was greeted with a little voice "good morning "

I don't know if its a fluke- or because that's what I always say first thing- but arh so sweet!

The other day, he dropped a floret of brocoli from his veggie skewer, and he went and picked up the whole thing and was trying to put it back on. 20190728_081508.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
What a cutie ! Well done Flynn! It is nice to prove to the world how Epic budgies are :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
How adorable! Good morning Flynn :cloud9:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm always amazed at what good little talkers budgies can be. Flynn is a cutie. :)

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
View attachment 313281 View attachment 313281 View attachment 313281 View attachment 313281 View attachment 313281
Hey clever are these little birds!!!?

Flynn is full of surprises.

He's started talking- and he is picking up everything. This morning when I woke up and uncovered him I was greeted with a little voice "good morning "

I don't know if its a fluke- or because that's what I always say first thing- but arh so sweet!

The other day, he dropped a floret of brocoli from his veggie skewer, and he went and picked up the whole thing and was trying to put it back on. View attachment 313234
Well hello mate, those humans underestimate us
Don't they!?!!!I
IMG_2546.JPG

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Haha, I love that he tried to put the broccoli back on! Talkative AND tidy!
He's actually quite messy- he must have just been feeling particular in that moment!

He's constantly surprising me by how much he 'gets.' He gets a very mischievous look on his face sometimes- literally the shape of his head changes and you can see the cogs turning. I love it!

Budgies are so observant! He's started flying to me whenever I say his name - I never taught him to do that?!

Gribouille

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
He's actually quite messy- he must have just been feeling particular in that moment!
OK then, maybe he tried to put it back before you found out it was broken!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I need to have Flynn come over and teach my crew how to clean up after themselves!:mariecleans:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I need to have Flynn come over and teach my crew how to clean up after themselves!:mariecleans:
Lol......good luck with that!!! My senny, whom my daughter now has, could make a mess that takes several birds to make.
40 minutes to do a good cleanjob, 2 minutes for him to make a god awful mess again!
Seeds and food for example. Fling...fling...fling..
Oh this one looks good... Next one, fling fling..
Ok now I'll have a bath in my water bowl and get everything wet you just cleaned up...
Arrrgggghhh!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Lol......good luck with that!!! My senny, whom my daughter now has, could make a mess that takes several birds to make.
40 minutes to do a good cleanjob, 2 minutes for him to make a god awful mess again!
Seeds and food for example. Fling...fling...fling..
Oh this one looks good... Next one, fling fling..
Ok now I'll have a bath in my water bowl and get everything wet you just cleaned up...
Arrrgggghhh!!!
I can TOTALLY relate!!! These guys peel everything they eat, like blueberries, peas, chickpeas, then fling the peels at the wall!

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I can TOTALLY relate!!! These guys peel everything they eat, like blueberries, peas, chickpeas, then fling the peels at the wall!
Pichu was doing that too, so now he gets food at the bottom of his cage, which is deep so he flings inside the cage. Also have a placemat at the back of his cage, saves the wall :highfive:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Budgies are so observant! He's started flying to me whenever I say his name - I never taught him to do that?!
People massively underestimate Budgies in so many ways...such complex personalities in small packages...

Gribouille

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
People massively underestimate Budgies in so many ways...such complex personalities in small packages...
totally true! Merlin has amazed me many times, and he still puzzles me with the way he tries to tell me things, but I'm obviously not clever enough to get the message.. :confused:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That is very true. Budgies are very smart.
Dose anyone here realize the world record of amount of words that can be said from a parrot was set by a budgie!?!? That doesn't surprise me, even soft spoken, they can understand alot!