• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Christmas Tree stand

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
IMG_4201.JPG Has anyone ever used one like this?
I am chopping down a crab apple tree and want to save some of the limbs. If I attached the stand to a larger piece of wood I could easily swap out old chewed up branches for new ones.
Has anyone else tried this before?

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks great! I love your tiel!

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I have not tried this, but it sounds like a really easy way to make a new tree stand. :)

The only thing you might want to consider is how you would protect the floor from droppings and flung food and such. You could always use an office mat or a vinyl mat cut to the width/length of the branches you use.

(Is it bad that my first thought when I look at bird stands is: "But where will the poop land?" :facepalm:)

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
I have not used the stand you showed but it can certainly be done. Ive made a couple of trees this way, but I made my own bases and stands for them.
I had thought of doing this very thing, but went instead with a wider base that I could attach wheels to and also a place to put paper on instead of the floor.
With the way that tree branches out, this idea would work, but like ode to parrots said, you would need to cover areas for poop to land, but I think we all do that lol