• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Chipped beak?

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I noticed a little chip out of Mia's beak today while we were snuggling and she was gently "chewing" on my finger. Is it normal for them to get chips like this? I know she will literally attack her toys and some of them are on SS skewers, my guess is she bit one, but if this seems normal just tell me to stop being a worry wart :p
IMG_4933.JPG

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Do you ever break a nail? :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Can't tell because of your fingers but does the top beak come down right into that notch? Doesn't look chipped. Looks worn. If so there's your answer.

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
IMG_4937.JPG
In the first picture, yes the big "notch lines up with her beak, but the other little chip is under her top beak. I wasn't sure if this meant I should get her more calcium/D3 or if it is normal. I've been told her beak is thin and was worried it might have chipped because it is "too" thin.

The bruise near the edge of her beak is from destroying 1in thick pine blocks, I never imagined such a small beak could be so powerful/destructive!
IMG_4938.JPG