• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Chinese Beauty Snakes

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Platinum Male

Platinum Female - She just shed recently so she is slightly more silver right now than she is in these photos!

Celeste - Hypocalico Female

Roy - Albino Male

Het Albino Female

And 9 unknowns:D

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
My platinums are first generations and grew up their first year with minimum contact (with the breeder) so they are basically wild. They are aren't mean just very skittish and if they can't get away they resort to striking out.

Now the hypocalico and Roy are very easy. Roy is probably everyone's favorite and is extremely tolerant of people. I have pictures somewhere of him on someones head and another of him half in my mothers boot while shes wearing the boot lol. He would make a very nice pet for anyone including little kids. My hypocalico is very tolerant too never bites.

The het albino is good with people shes just slightly skittish. She doesn't bit or strike or anything just squirmy. With regular handling she would calm done nicely. I'm guessing she has been a breeder most of her life and probably hasn't been handled too much. Now that shes finished breeding this season I'll take her out more to try and get her used to me. I haven't had her too long. After the short 30 day quarantine (she was from a breeder I've dealt with before and trusted so a long quarantine wasn't necessary but I still had her and my albino removed from my whole collection) I introduced her to my male and haven't really handled her except to move her around for cleaning and checking to see if she had eggs.

The eggs are from my het albino and Roy my albino. If they take after their parents I expect some fearless snakes that would make very good pets! I love the chinese beauties. I think they make great pets but they are very active and it can be hard to get them to sit still for awhile. But that can be said for pretty much all the colubrids.

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
They are beautiful snakes. I do want to get a snake though not for several years. I had initially thought of King snakes but then decided on a ball python. My friend has one who was a breeder before he came to her but he's the sweetest thing.

I have to say, the Chinese beauties have adorable faces. I especially like the het albino female.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I do plan on breeding the platinums in a few years if those were ones that interested you:D I wouldn't get a cali king they have this desire to randomly start chewing on your flesh lol I think some of the other kings are known to be better. There are lots of choices for ball pythons when it comes to morphs! You probably won't be able to get just one snake hahaha.

Roy was a breeder before I got him too. He came with that 'puppy' personality as we have been calling it. I will have some that look like mom and some that look like dad when these eggs hatch.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
They are all very pretty!

Snakes have the cutest faces! :D

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
The platinums are gorgeous. I may not be able to get a snake for a long time (I would have to wait until I get my degree and have my own place) but if you ship we can keep in touch until I can. I will have to do a ton of research on these little guys. They don't get too big do they?

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
They are all very pretty!

Snakes have the cutest faces! :D
Thanks! I love boa constrictor heads the most just something about them!

The platinums are gorgeous. I may not be able to get a snake for a long time (I would have to wait until I get my degree and have my own place) but if you ship we can keep in touch until I can. I will have to do a ton of research on these little guys. They don't get too big do they?
This is my first clutch right now so not sure where I'll be exactly with the breeding but I'll definitely have something available if you are still interested in the future:D I paid a crazy amount for the platinums so I'll definitely be breeding them haha. It'll be at least 2 years until I'm comfortable breeding the platinum female. Right now my het albino girl is the only one old enough. I'm thinking of breeding her to my platinum male next season for some possible double Hets.

Chinese beauty snakes are easy! You won't have a problem with them if you decide you wanted one in the future. The other beauty snakes are known for some attitude issues fair warning in case you look up beauty snakes and like any of the other ones. Though I'm definitely getting at least a vitenamese blue beauty and a Ridleys beauty eventually... Attitude aside they are too pretty not to if you really like the beauty snakes lol

Chinese beauty snakes are one of the smallest beauty snake you can get. They generally stay around 3-5 feet. They can get bigger though. My male albino is 6ft. They get a decent body on them though giving them some size compared to other similar sized colubrids. Some of the other type of beauty snakes can start getting up to 11ft. I have found that my beauty snakes like it in the 70s rarely do my guys visit temps in the 80s except for the young ones. Humidity should be anywhere from 60-70 though they seem to like it higher than that range. A 4x2 enclosure is fine or a 3x2 depending on activity level you might need an enclosure with some height since they are semi arboreal. I have found that mine hide and generally don't like open spaces though. I'll probably keep most of mine in a rack. I only have one that really moves around his enclosure a lot and he is in a big display cage.