• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Checking in... Hows everyones HH's doin these days?

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Hey all,
It's been ages since i checked in with the board, how is everyone and their HH's doing? Baby is 3 and 3/4 yrs old now and still just as wonderful as He can be. The vet comments on how well behaved he is, we feel very blessed.

Although it does seem that Baby has grown up quite a bit and his cage doesn't seem as big as it used to be :) Do your HH's also kind of have to maneuver their long tails around things in their cage? Our guy is always lifting his tail up and over something before putting it back down. Don't get me wrong he has plenty of room in a big kings cage, I just need to rework some of the perching now that he's a little bigger.

All in all our guy is doing great and very well behaved. Lovin his daily veggies and foraging for yummy treats. How are your Hawkie's doing?

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Our Shemya and Attu are doing great, they get to fly the bird room and have fun together...we love them!

Crazy Bird Lady

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dal
It has been a while for me too! We moved Zoey across the US from Ohio to California in our RV. She and my Aracaris Lupe made the trip together. They did great! After we arrived we lived in our RV for a month while we found a home. During that time we took a trip to Zion. They were real troopers! I think they were happy to get back in their full size cages once we moved into our house. It is nice also to be able to have them in their outside cages. Couldn't do that in Ohio in December :dance4:. The best part after all that togetherness is they got so used to each other we can let them fly around the house at the same time. Funny Lupe the Aracaris is the boss of the "air space" I would have bet the opposite.

Zoey is a great bird, she is my best bud. She is so interactive and fun. I feel very fortunate to have her :heart::heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Cochise and Yuna checking in..late! Cochise and Holly still share a room with Kismet, and Yuna and Pico are in my office. Elf has been moved there as well. Yuna is becoming very spoiled...not sure how that happened..:innocent:
Everyone got and are enjoying a new sunflower toy from Danita at T4W for Christmas.:) They are both doing good. Cochise still barbers some, but has backed off a bit lately.Good to hear from you, and glad everyone's hawkies are happy.
:heart:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I still have my Chester out in the aviary, he is still doing well and shares his large space with Gabby a Coral Billed Pionus and Tiely Bob the Cockatiel. If anyone recalls back several months ago, Chester had chewed a hole into his chest area which I have no idea why but once he healed up from that he has not done that again as of this time and hope he doesn't! Chester is doing fine out there and seems to enjoy being able to fly about!

ParrotHead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey
I'm checking in late too! Gryffindor is doing excellent. It's moulting time now, so he's a bit cranky, but all is well with us. I thought he was plucking, but he really just lost almost all of his feathers and is covered in pin feathers. Lots of showers for us these days! We moved to a new house without much issues. He still loves his birdy bed, and is the first of my birds to put them self to bed every night :)

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Glad to hear all the updates :) Our HH is molting again here too. How often does Gryffin take a bath? Our HH is the first one to bed too, silly HH's they party hard and then want there sleep. hee hee

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
checkin in super late here :o:

Funny about hawkheads and their bed time. Mine are always right in their sleep spot when the sun starts going down. They are very serious about their sleep!!

The hawkie crew here is doing great. Cash is 6 years old now :eek: hard to believe how fast time goes by. He is still a total love but is also very self-assured, independent (he wants what he wants on his terms only, so you best give him space when he wants to do his own thing but be ready to drop everything when he wants affection, lol). He is the absolute best little dude and I am so fortunate to have him. I couldnt have picked a better bird if I tried. :)

Zeva is doing great also, totally my little girl. She tolerates DH, but does not like it is he comes in when she & I are hanging out. She will do little "fly-bys" to tell him she isnt pleased with him intruding on her time :eek: but so far its just limited to a lap around the room and nothing physical. She and Cash still do not like eachother (but dont like for one to leave the room, either funny enough). So often times I'll have her in one room while DH hangs with Cash in another. She is the best eater of all the birds I have and a total "health nut" really digging into anything good we offer her. Love that!!

Ringo & Riven are doing well; my Ringo boy has continued to impress with opening up and becoming more outgoing & confident. He now makes kissy noises and a few other whistles and seems to look forward to when I come out. Still no where near being handleable but loving how he has changed over the past 3 years. He's such a special old man :) Riven is her usual velociraptor self. Still barbers the heck out of her wings :( Though at least she leaves the rest of her feathers alone. She is the witchiest bird but she's so cute in her own way. :heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wonderful update Jill!:hug8::heart::hug8:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Yay, Jill!! That's great your HH's are doing good!!

I wish Chester would be a bit more lovable. Since I last posted on him in my above post, he has since then been moved out of his big aviary (6'x36') then when he, Gabby & Tiely Bob was put into a smaller area (4'x8'x8') he was not happy at all, since that happened I moved him into the other aviary and even though he is in a 4" wide x 6' long x 6' high aviary cage he seems to be happier than when I moved him out of the big flight and into that 4'x8' area, it was too enclosed for him but then it was still cold outside and I had plastic up so he could not see out well, that he doesn't like.

So Chester is in the cage next to Kuka (B&G) and is in that cage alone but has the 4 Amazons across from him. He seems happy and he is not be aggressive and wanting to attack me like he was in the other cage. I really did up root his happiness when he and the other two were in the 6'wide x 36' long aviary, he misses flying back and forth all that length of the aviary. But things had to change so at least all things are at peace with him now.

Last edited: