• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

check this cage out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
this cage she says is made out of kleenix read and check the pic out

Image by Terlecky Photo
My Cockatiel’s Bird Cage made out of K’NEX. He is not as mobile as he used to be and his large cage he used to live in was presenting problems for him to get to his food and water. I built him this smaller cage out of K’NEX so he has easier access to his food and water.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
:huh:I can't see this being safe or practical for a bird with limited mobility. I hope this is not actually his real cage:huh:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
K’NEX...play on the word "connects"...is a toy, used much the way I used tinker toys as a kid. I think this is just a joke...someone showing off their skill building w/ this toy. :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I think they are for real. :eek: I mean, they have food/water dishes, ladders, a box on the bottom for food, poop and etc.

I feel sorry for the Cockatiel, all he has to sit on is the ladder inside, and the ladder on the outside. Not much of a proper nor decent “cage” if you ask me.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I do appreciate your concern but I still think it's not for real. Some of the families I work with have kids who build elaborate, highly detailed structures with this toy. And "realism" is valued when coming up w/ new structures. One father & son I know spent much of one summer building a truly impressive & realistic contraption, which they eventually took to the child's school in the back of their pick up truck, to show off his skill. He won a special "science" prize for his efforts. If you look at the box in the bottom of this "cage" you will see nothing...not a poop in sight. Obviously that bird has not been sitting in there very long. I think he is just a prop, put there for the picture, then removed. Before he destroyed all his person's hard work. Even a disabled tiel could take a K'nex structure down in far less time that it took to put it up. :D

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I just ran acroos it some where when I was looking around at cages for Opey I didn't think someone would actually use that for a cage

igors mum

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
deb
if you look at the guys other pics he has on his flicker site you would see he has one of those horrid round tiel cages and a playgym made out of the knex stuff so i think the bird actually does use it.he does have a nice wooden playgym for his irn at least.he says the tiel couldnt get to the food and water in the old cage so he built the one out of knex

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Did anyone notice that this pic is almost 4 years old? Did we not learn anything from those "judging by photos only" posts that were made not too long ago? We don't know the real story, do not judge! There could be any number of reasons why he or she is in a round cage. If this tiel was having difficulties getting around his cage 4 years ago, there's a good chance that he isn.t around anymore.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I hope that's not his real cage.:)

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
if you look at the guys other pics he has on his flicker site you would see he has one of those horrid round tiel cages and a playgym made out of the knex stuff so i think the bird actually does use it.he does have a nice wooden playgym for his irn at least.he says the tiel couldnt get to the food and water in the old cage so he built the one out of knex
Perhaps he does "use" it as a play stand...I've actually seen some people make play stands for small birds out of tinker toys. But as for it being his actual cage, it doesn't even have a door! I'm convinced it's not his regular cage. As for the round cage, oh well...lots of people really don't know they aren't good for birds. Not everybody is lucky enough to have discovered AA :)

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
A cage is to keep something locked in, this is more of a play area. Who cares if the bird hangs out on it all day & night? Everyone is so quick to judge Every. Little. Thing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.