• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cheap sola balls?

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Bender is now addicted to sola balls - but holy cow they’re expensive with how fast he shreds them!

Where can I find them cheapest?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Bender is now addicted to sola balls - but holy cow they’re expensive with how fast he shreds them!

Where can I find them cheapest?
Where about are you will help us maybe find you a cheaper store for you
Where do you buy them now

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Mine love sola balls I get them from scarlet parrots but I am in uk £4 for three
Amazon do them but I think they are more £9/10 for 4 or 6
Esty do a lot of sola stuff have you tried the sticks they last longer
IMG_7059.png
Pico loves sola and this as lasted him longer than balls do

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Signe
If you live in the US, you could try California Bird Nerds, My Safe Bird Store, TBB Toys, A Bird Toy. They all sell in bulk so you can make your own.

AW2023

Strolling the yard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Annie
Google 'the coconut king'. His site looks very early 2000s and seems kind of sketchy from first glance, but he's legit. I get sola sticks/balls by the pound from him, for extremely low prices. I make them into toys for my conure, by sticking them onto stainless steel skewers. My conure LOVES these homemade toys, and we've never had a problem with quality.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I bought some the other day (first time I have seen them) and thought they were fairly well priced- I got 4 balls for $5.

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Google 'the coconut king'. His site looks very early 2000s and seems kind of sketchy from first glance, but he's legit. I get sola sticks/balls by the pound from him, for extremely low prices. I make them into toys for my conure, by sticking them onto stainless steel skewers. My conure LOVES these homemade toys, and we've never had a problem with quality.
That’s exactly what I do - stick them on his kabob! It’s a good way to offer him an ever-changing variety. I will check out the site - thank you!

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mine love sola balls I get them from scarlet parrots but I am in uk £4 for three
Amazon do them but I think they are more £9/10 for 4 or 6
Esty do a lot of sola stuff have you tried the sticks they last longer
View attachment 439416
Pico loves sola and this as lasted him longer than balls do
I wondered if sticks would be better - I will try those next. Thank you!

AW2023

Strolling the yard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Annie
Just a headsup that this past week I got an email that The Coconut King has a new owner, as the previous owner retired. So I can't vouch for the quality of their current products. I'm hopeful they'll stay as good/cheap though!

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Oh no! I was planning to place an order with them when bender ran out. Let me know if you place an order and I will do the same!

AW2023

Strolling the yard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Annie
Oh no! I was planning to place an order with them when bender ran out. Let me know if you place an order and I will do the same!
Will do! I'll probably be placing an order sometime in the next week or two, as if the product quality is going to change, I imagine it will do so when the previous owner's inventory runs out so I want to order soon.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I just ordered with California Bird Nerds. Love our vendors here.

annrip

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ann
I'm going to have to try out Coconut King. Ari is going through the sola balls much quicker lately. They get so expensive!

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I'm going to have to try out Coconut King. Ari is going through the sola balls much quicker lately. They get so expensive!
That’s how it started with bender too - he was slow at first and then he got obsessed!! He likes it when I put sunflower or safflower seeds in the holes.

Elizabeth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I just ordered with California Bird Nerds. Love our vendors here.
Huge fan of CA bird nerds! I’ve been buying from them since bender was a baby - the toy in my avatar pic was from them. They don’t sell sola balls (or didn’t last I checked) but I did get sola chips

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Huge fan of CA bird nerds! I’ve been buying from them since bender was a baby - the toy in my avatar pic was from them. They don’t sell sola balls (or didn’t last I checked) but I did get sola chips
I ordered a large package of sola rounds. Are those the same thing?

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I ordered a large package of sola rounds. Are those the same thing?

You can get sola balls or sticks it same material I think they sticks last longer than balls especially for your big beak your secret Santa definitely started something off haha :rofl: