• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Charlie is finally opening up!

darwinparrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jacob

It seems like over night little Charlie went from afraid and flighty to very tame and confident. He was not hand-fed as a baby or exposed to much human interaction but I brought him home when he was 3 months old. Yesterday I had company over and my one friend wanted me to bring him up to my room because she seen a meme with a green cheek in it and she wanted to take pictures. Normally he gets nervous and ends up flying off to my shelves but that day he just hung out for what had to be hours and he totally opened up. He became very nippy after a while but I think that is normal young conure behavior. Now he is like a whole new bird. I'm so glad that all of my hard work is paying off.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like Charlie is making great progress.
Very nice photo of the very cute Charlie.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Charlie is very handsome.

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
Yay progress!

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
Aw...who could resist that little face? He is very sweet. I'm glad he's getting so much more confident.

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
His name made me think of this video...
OMG! Too funny! That video was all the rage a couple of months after I got my little guy, who I had named Charlie (as in Charlie on a Harley... he's been riding the Harley with us since he was two weeks old). We were all running around saying, "Charlie bit my finger!"

Lesley Yeung

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lesley
He is really cute. And he knows it, too.
That video sums up gccs pretty well. My husband is like the big brother. All happy with Bird's nibbles and then gradually becoming less impressed to the point I have to pry Bird off his lip.