• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the month/Septemeber/2013/Jan's BLU!!!

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Congrats Jan and Blu! :starshower::starshower::starshower: Loved reading about sweet Blu :heart: and seeing where she hangs out.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thank You All!!!

Blu said to say thanks too and she is glad she could be a show off!!

While you could plainly see she does not have a nicer fancier type cage, in fact it is just a basic wire mesh type cage. She had spent probably a good 2 years or so out in the aviary in a much large wire type cage and then when I brought her in, I had brought in that cage that was not being used and had cleaned it up so since then she has been in it. I have looked and considered on buying her a nicer cage but she really seems to love the cage and while it is not big at all... only a 24" x 24" and 30" high inside she likes it well. She is out of her cage when I am home and even at that she will go into it and just sit on her own. I'll probably get her another cage sometime but I am kind of careful of changes for her because she will pluck out her chest and leg feathers if she becomes unhappy. That was the main reason why I ended up bringing in from the aviary because there was something about it she did not like even though she appeared contented.

Blu has been the only bird in the house for the whole summer and when it starts turning cooler outside, then I have to bring in Kuka the B&G Macaw ... and right now I have Blu's cage closer to Kuka's cage but now that I think of it ... I can move Blu's cage on the other side of the Atom being that where it sits like in the photo was because there is an air conditioner opposite side of the Atom... so once winter gets here and we do not use the air then Blu's cage can be moved more back in front of the air unit so she is spaced a bit further away from Kuka's Cage. Yes, Kuka would stop at nothing to hurt Blu ... unfortunately!

Glad you all like Blu's interview ... thank you all for the opportunity to write a bit about her!! :hug8: