• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the month/October 2012-Welshanne's (Ann) CHAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
It is with great pleasure that I announce the Celebirdy for the month of October,
The one and only, beautiful, CHAZ!

:thewave::thewave:
:starshower::starshower::starshower:

This is what Ann had to say about the lovely Chaz
Thank you so much for the honour of choosing our Chaz, he is just getting over an illness and we have become so close having to feed him his formula from a syringe several times a day for a few months. He had an infection and I still am thinking he swallowed something in one of his taking things apart moments. It shows up on X-ray in his body, but our Vet says to just keep an eye on him and hope it will pass out of his system naturally. So far nothing, but he is now well.

1. How did you aquire your bird?
Chaz belonged to an old lady who could not find her birds homes, it became urgent because of ongoing illness on her part. I was a member of our SCA and we found homes for birds needing help. All her birds were rehomed and Chaz went with his close companion Jay a blue front to a lady near Birmingham. She could not look after them after a month as they were too difficult for her. Rather than see them being split up,John and I travelled all day to pick them both up and fit them into our home, for them to stay together.

2. What is your bird's name, age and sex?
Forgive me if I do not remember every detail. Think John looking at the vet's records worked out Chaz is now nine years old.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
Only trick Chaz does is open anything that you may think is too difficult for him!

4. What are some of your birds favorite foods?
He loves the odd plain crisp. Loves his formula on a cold winter's night.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
He sits inside a cardboard box, on top of his girlfriend's cage most days, making cardboard confetti out of it. A couple of boxes lashed together for his safety, only lasts about two days, then I have to find replacements.

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
Lots of ways, he blows me kisses. Steps up to go into his cage at night, and hangs onto my finger for dear life. Priceless.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
Because Chaz is a hybrid and supposedly part Patagonian part blue and gold that is a difficult one. It is not a good mix of genes really as he is continually on what I call "fast forward" and makes me feel so sorry for him at times.

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Chaz is out of his cage most of the day, because that is what he likes. He loves to control the rest of our flock and has to be "in charge". First thing in the morning and last thing at night he spends about five mins yelling his head off. It sounds just like metal scraping on metal, but I tell him it is beautiful and I think he believes me!

9. What are some of your birds quirks?
He loves to unfasten any toys on the other cages and leaves them go crashing to the ground.
Opens all the doors and side openings on the others cages if they are not jubilee clipped shut. Their main door of the cage has to have a metal clip on it to stop him from letting them out.
Insists on sharing our Sheltie' Beau's food bowl and will even chase Beau away from it if there is not many biscuits left in it. He does not want them but Beau is not having them either! Know this is dangerous behaviour with a dog but you try telling Chaz that, he does his own thing.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
Chaz does not talk just makes these snuffly baby noises to me before bed and being covered for the night. Does not do it to any of the rest of the family, just me. I feel honoured to be chosen!

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
Besides the odd unsalted crisp, and being a picky eater all of his life, his biggest treat is being let free from the confines of his cage and allowed to wander around our sitting room daily on his own.

Attachments

StellaMacaw

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
It was nice to "meet" Chaz. He is very unique. He doesn't look much bigger than his Blue-Front buddy, or is that just the picture? I'm so happy that they found their way to you and didn't have to be split up. It's good to see that he is feeling better and I hope things continue to improve for him. Chaz and Ann, congratulations to you both!

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a wonderful choice and loved reading the interview... He is gorgeous and sounds like quite the character!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! That was a wonderful interview! I loved learning more about Chaz!

Matt

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That was an awesome read! Thanks for letting us get to know Chaz a little better. :heart: :)
He sounds like my Holly in some ways! Big Congrats Anne!:hug8:

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations Ann:Dand Chaz of course.

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Congrats Ann and Chaz!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Congratulations!
I enjoyed learning more about Chaz and seeing more pics.
He is such an unusual looking hybrid, I am fascinated by his looks. The top half and bottom half look like two different birds!
It is nice to learn you two are getting along well.
:hug8:

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Congratulations on winning! Chaz sounds awesome!

CrazyBirdLady

Hit the Road
Real Name
Jaime
​Congrats Ann and Chaz! Chaz is beautiful and I loved reading about him! And the pictures are adorable!

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations Chaz ....and Anne!!! :dancing:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
WOOOO-HOOOOO Congrats Chaz and Ann:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats to you and Chaz :dance4::dance5::dancing::laughing12:.

Status
Not open for further replies.