• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Celebirdy of the Month/October 2010, Thugluvgrl187's (Miriam) Squeeky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
It is my great pleasure to introduce the Celebirdy for the Month of October, Squeeky. :wave::wave:

1. How did you aquire your bird?
I got Squeeky as an Anniversary gift for Tony and my 9 year anniversary. Finally, after many years without having a family bird inside the house I decided I was ready to open my heart again. I had experienced a great loss when my childhood tiel Chian died and I wasn't ready to get another faby until then. Tony and I went to the pet shop together to go look at the tiels. When we got there they had about 6-7 tiels that weren't weaned yet and told us that we could have our pick. They don't normally sell unweaned babies in that shop but since I told them about my experience with hand raising tiels in the past they let me have him that young. Squeeky in actuality was the one that chose us. He was the second smallest and in the very back of the cage but he was really trying everything to get our attention and was trying to climb over the bigger tiels to get to us. Tony saw that he was doing that and said that this little one was the one that would come home with us since he chose us. Before Squeeky Tony never really liked birds but as soon as the 3 1/2 week old Squeekadoodle was placed in his hands he made Tony's heart melt and has pulled at his heart strings ever since.

2. What is your birds name, age and sex?
His name is Squeeky aka the Squeekadoodle. He is Mommy's little boy and he just turned 2 years old on September 5th of this year.

3. Does your bird do any special tricks?
He will bob his head on command. My niece taught him to do this when he was a baby. He will also bob his head when you tap on things or when I do this certain whistle.

4. What are some of your birds favorite foods?
Well he likes pretty much everything and it is even more appealing to him if you are eating it lol. As far as healthy foods go his favorites are butternut squash, potato, rice, corn, peas, carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, romaine lettuce, watermelon, peaches, and plums. If you're talking about unhealthy foods that he only gets rarely those would have to be Doritos, graham crackers, cereal, PB & J sandwich, spaghetti.

5. What is the funniest thing your bird has done?
The first one happened when I was still living at my Mom's house and Tony was over. She had told us to keep Squeeky in the bedroom because she was going to be organizing a few things in the living room. Squeeky was loose in my bedroom and the door was cracked but pretty much closed. Next thing we know he somehow made it though the door and landed on my Mom's head in the living room lol. He scared her and made her jump because she wasn't expecting him. When she goes to ask him what he was doing there he screamed "Hi Squeeky!!!!" as in hey I am here lol. We were all cracking up at him when he did this. Then there was the time that he jumped right into the Carrabbas marinara sauce and we had to wash him down with dawn soap and he was stained red and smelled like garlic for a WEEK.

6. How has your bird enriched your life?
I can't even begin to explain how much Squeeky has enriched and touched my life my life but also many other peoples lives. He is the sweetest, funniest, and friendliest little thing. He is such a special little guy and everyone that meets him just falls in love with him even if they aren't bird people. He just has that ability. He has allowed me the opportunity to use him to educate people about birds and to open peoples minds about birds. I think that this is a huge accomplishment. He brings a lot of joy to my Mom and to my niece and nephew. I love to see the way that he makes them light up when he is around. Overall, he really is my sunshine everyday. The "Hello" and "Hi Squeeky" greetings I get every morning and the ones I get when I get home from work make my day. He knows when something is wrong without me even having to say anything and he will turn into an even bigger mush that day to make me feel better. He gives me smiles and laughs everyday that fill my heart with joy. He helps me keep my sanity in my times of stress or sorrow. He fills a place in my life that no one or nothing ever could. He is my non-human baby for now and I love him bunches! He has my heart wrapped around his little talon and he knows it.

7. What would you tell people who are considering this species?
I would tell them that they are a wonderful species and my favorite of all. I have met many different types of bird species and I have to say that in my experience they are the sweetest, gentlest, and most laid back of all the species of bird I have met. They have a huge a personality in a little body. I see that many times they get over looked because they are common or because of their size but people don't know what they are missing with these guys!!!

8. What is the activity and noise level of your bird?
Squeeky is a very active bird and constantly has to be flying around landing on things/people and loves to be nosy lol. He usually sings and talks throughout most of the day so I definitely can't say that he is quiet lol. He isn't as loud as some of the other bigger species though.

9. What are some of your birds quirks?
He does this alarm sounding song whenever he looks at his reflection in something or if he is just really happy. I have no idea where he picked this up or if it is something that he just made up himself. He can get quite repetitive with this but I have learned to tune it out. Another quirk of his is that he has to have his back facing you most of the time when he gets scritches and he has to be nibbling your fingers and nails while getting the scritches.

10. If your bird talks, what is the most surprising word or sentence it has said?
Squeeky is a really big talker. He says "Hello", "Hi Squeeky" "Peek a Boo", "Mira (look in Spanish)", "Come here" "Squeeky Come Here", "Look", "Buh Bye" etc. I think the funniest thing about his talking is that he sounds like a little boy. He mixes his words and sentences up a lot and he says the words in different tones not with the same voice like I have seen others tiels do.

11. What is your bird’s favorite treat?
For this one I am going to have to say millet. He loves that stuff and let me tell you that it doesn't last in his cage long lol. It is amazing to see how such a small little thing can eat that sprig of millet so quickly. A piece of Dorito comes in a close second.

Here are some cute videos Miriam wanted to share with us.
:heart::heart:

Attachments

myakando

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmen
:cheer: :Congratwav: to the Squeekerdoodle :laughing12: Squeeky is one of the most charming and loving little 'tiels I've ever known of. So full of personality. Yup, definitely a 'celebridy'. CONGRATS, Mirian :excited2:

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
congrats! We do loooove the squeekster! He is so blessed to have you and Tony and you blessed to have him!

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
:Congratwav::yourock::yah::yah::kiss2:great choice, I love squeeky:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Big congrats Miriam! Squeeky is a real celebirdy to so many of us here so it is no surprise when I saw he was selected for October's award and it sure is a pleasure!! He is one of the sweetest little tiels and makes me smile whenever I see you post pictures of him. :hug8:

Attachments

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Princess Mitch and Queen Samantha highly approve!!!!!! and so do I..I love dat funny, handsome boy....:heart: and loved reading the interview..

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
CONGRATULATIONS SQUEEKY!!!!

I love reading about him, he is such a handsome guy:heart:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
What a CHARMER!!! I can see why he has stolen your heart :heart: I loved the story about how he chose you especially, as well as him jumping into the garlicky marinara sauce!!! What a wonderful interview!!!

Congratulations!!!! :dance4::dance4::dance4:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww!! Squeeky is SO cute! Congrats! I really enjoyed reading about his story. I love hearing about Squeeky, he is such a cute, fun, loving tiel! :)

southernbirds

Great insight in to Squeaky and Miriam. They have given us many fun things to read about. Very well deserved. Love the story of how he was acquired. Congratulations.

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Congrats to squeeky and miriam very deserving... tell squeek isis sends him big wing hugs..

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! I liked the interview!

Matt

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
:Congratwav: Squeeky and Miriam!!!

I enjoyed reading more about Squeeky, he is so adorable:heart:

:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Congratulations Squeeky!!! :cheer:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Congrats and beaky kisses to the Squeekymeister.

Ginger

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.