• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cat Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
Hi i was wondering if any of you know if they make chew toys for cats? :confused:my cats seem to want to chew on everythimg:huh: i just can't get them to stop so i figured i could ask if any of you know of any good ones that way they have something they are allowed to chew :rolleyes: thanks for any help!

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
My cats chew on my dogs' bones all the time. Merrick is a brand of high quality bones that you can find at high quality pet stores. My cats will gnaw on cow hoofs, tendons, ribs, etc!.

Many cats also like to chew on burlap type textures, many companies make cat toys made of this!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My cats love straw woven balls and cages, especially with catnip in them, and chase them all around the house before destroying them. They also like fabric stuffed toys, again with catnip on them. I often buy liver dog treats for the cats (?Biljack?) and although they are a challenge for them to chew up, they work at it and succeed. When I am being easy on them, I just break the liver treats in half for them. I give the cats the femur and tibia of turkey legs after I have removed most of the meat and the other, smaller bone. They can't get their mouth open far enough to crack the poultry bones to splinters, but they can knaw off the ends where it is softer. I will also give them rib bones of pork or beef.

A favorite cotton/fabric type toy they really like is a stuffed ribbon or snake shape which they like to tackle and chew the head off while kicking with their back legs to ceremoniously disembowel it: yikes, toy guts all over the floor!!! How horrible!

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Cardboard. Don't ask me why, but my cats LOVE cardboard. They even make cardboard mice that are marinated in cat nip. They also make compress catnip balls that they might enjoy. Mine tend to just attack the cardboard boxes though and it keeps them happy and my vacuum active.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
My cats love to destroy cardboard boxes, or hide in them. If I store anything in a card board box I find corners chewed off the boxes. They also chew on their toys. They really like fleece or fake fur toys.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I have 1 cat and 2 kittens, and the 2 kittens are exactly like your cat, chew and destroy is what they aim for when they get their paws on something. :lol:

I got them a few of these: Catnip Chew Ring, Cat Toys, Snooty Paws these Chilly Kitty Chews, Cat Toys, Snooty Paws

They also have a few cat balls, and toys that jingle and make noise that they love. Their absolute favorite toy is the little toy mice, they will play with them for hours.

SaraR

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sara
WOW awesome ya'll thanks! I would have never thought to give them the stuff I give the dogs...that and we just put Hannah on a diet she was getting BIG! Lol so now it like if she can get her mouth on it she'll try and eat it and acts like she's starving we only cut her back by an 8th of a cup lol thank you! I'll let ya'll know how it works out...thanks for the links!

Status
Not open for further replies.