1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Care Credit ~ Payment Plans and Financing for Veterinary Care

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Danita, 10/27/09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danita

Danita Ripping up the road Super Administrator Chief Beak Avenue Veteran

Danita
  2. WhoaNellie

WhoaNellie Sitting on the front steps Avenue Veteran

My mom just got a Care Credit account last week for an expensive Emergency bill for her cat. It was super easy and fast to apply. If you pay it off within 6 months, it's 0% interest, too.

1 person likes this.
  3. KatherinesBirds

KatherinesBirds Biking along the boulevard Avenue Veteran

Katherine
    We have Care Credit. Just paid the bill. Love it. I needed a lot of dental work and they charge no interest if you agree to pay a certain amount each month on time. Good Deal. Now they take vet bills!!! Wonderful!

4. birdlady

birdlady Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Leslie
    I used our care credit with our elderly lab Coco when she had Cancer. Her hospital stay, tests, etc. came to over $3500...we payed it off in 6 months no interest. It was a life saver.

5. Gabby

Gabby Strolling the yard

Gabriella
    Darn, they don't cover the vet I take Icarus too. :(

6. webchirp

webchirp Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Rescue Representative I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Chandra
    Ask your vet to apply Gabby. It's worth a shot! They may not know about it.

7. srtiels

srtiels Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue

Susanne
    Is there similar programs in other countries beside the US?

8. topazldy

topazldy Sprinting down the street

Linda
    I use Care Credit for all my critters. Both my vets (Avian and Dog/Cat) take care credit. It's been a life saver for my budget!!

9. macawpower58

macawpower58 Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

I looked into this for Gimli, but when I searched online they stated a 27% interest rate. Did I read wrong? They also wanted the amount needed, and I didn't know because his bill is ongoing....and seemingly never ending. :(

10. sthiele

sthiele Budgie Bunch

Steve
    The interest rate is very high, yes. But, you get at least 3-12 or more months, depending on the amount of your purchase, to pay your balance off with no interest at all. I originally got CareCredit when I needed some dental work done, I think they put the amount of the service in, which was like $700 or so, but they also asked for my income and I was approved for a $3,000 limit.

11. birdlady

birdlady Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Leslie
    I just put Bonnies surgery on my care credit. I have six months to pay it off....just set up the payment plan so I will not be charged any interest...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

12. Gen120

Gen120 Joyriding the Neighborhood Avenue Veteran I'm a SECRET SANTA - Are you?

Victoria :)
    Thanks for getting this thread active again. My sister and I were just talking about this yesterday. Definitely going to look into it... :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

13. jbarkan

jbarkan Strolling the yard Avenue Veteran

Jill Barkan
    Beware of credit card agreements... Some emergeny clinics will open a credit card in your name for the max. chargable amount before the bird is even examined. As a result, you have no means of negotiating a lower price or questioning charges.
    The signing of the credit card agreement will hold you liable to anything on the bill, regardless of whether you disagree with
    services rendered or could have received a lower cost treatment.

MenomaMinx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)