• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can we talk about hawkhead & Scarlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatherina

Hit the Road
So i have always been interested in getting a Scarlet macaw & a African grey. My Next bird will most likly be an African without a doubt but i would like to talk about Scarlets and their personalities, are they pretty beaky? Hard to care for? And this new love i am starting to develop is for the hawkhead parrot. They look so interesting to me. How are they as pet birds? Beaky? Aggressive? If you have one would you get another? Are they goo around other birds? Dogs? Kids? Loud? Also i would like the same questions answered about the Scarlet macaw as well.

I don't plan on getting either until Cash has grown up and been trained more but just to make conversation and to calm my curious mind can we talk about them?
Thanks a ton

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
You might try to go to the Macaws page and paste your question and then do the same under the Hawkhead topics page. There are several owners of both species that post regularly in the macaws and hawkheads sections that would see your question better and be more likely to respond. :) :) :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
In the macaw section there is a very recent thread where us scarlet owners talk about our scarlet, their personality, nippyness, handling, behavior, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.