• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can someone take this big guy and give him a loving home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Cross posted, this was sent to me in an e-mail from a dear friend
Let me start by apologizing for posting this but something is compelling me to help this poor creature. Seniors have a very special place in my heart and had I not seen the pictures I probably would have deleted this email.

Look at this face...

He is in the shelter here in Alabama where I am located. If I were not leaving for Germany on Monday I would take him in and try to find him a home myself. Transport can be arranged (Free of charge) to anywhere in the lower 48. I'm part of a network of volunteers nationwide who drive animals all over the place on weekends. I'd also be willing to kick in some food and supplements if he needs them.

Here is his story and the contact info for the person trying to help Mason. Anyone want to offer a sweet old chocolate lab a retirement home?

Hi ya'll,

I need your help. I try not to do this very often, but this poor guy has a special story and if it weren't for his amazing will to live and lovable disposition, he probably wo
uld have been put down by now.

Mason is a lovable 7 yr old chocolate brown
Labrador who has been overlooked at the shelter too many times and has only 1 week left to find a loving home. He was left on the side of the road to die after being hit by a truck in the middle of the night. By the time he was found, he had a collapsed lung, was barely breathing and was paralyzed on his right side. He was almost euthanized to put him out of his misery, but soon after he was brought in, he took a liking to a volunteer and immediately started showing signs of progress. He made it through a successful surgery days later and to look at him today, you would never know the trauma he's been through. He walks perfectly and still runs around like a puppy. It's hard to believe it's the same dog. Sadly, the volunteer responsible for his successful rehabilitation had to leave him at the shelter when she moved away. Sometime later, while getting passed up time and time again for adoption at the shelter, he finally found a four-legged friend to play with who is now his best bud at the shelter. However, his friend is now he is being transported to another facility and due to the age restrictions, Mason cannot go with him.

This poor boy has made it through being struck b
y a truck, seeing his caretaker leave him and now will have to say goodbye to his best friend next week. People seem to pass by him at Petsmart simply because he has a few gray hairs on his nose, but they don't realize what a gentle, courageous and happy dog he is. He greets me every time I come into the shelter with a hearty bark and whapping tail, but he still can't find a home. The shelter has kept him as long as they can so we are in desperate need of a generous heart right now. Mason is smart, he takescare of himself, he obeys commands and most of all, he loves people, children and other dogs!

We found out he is heartworm positive, but he is obviously a strong boy with a will to live, so if you are kindhearted enough to foster him, I will pay for his
heartworm treatment out of my own pocket. I will also provide food if cost is an issue. I would foster him in a heartbeat, but I don't own my place and my landlord won't allow it.

Mason has been through so much. Please don't let this sweet-natured and br
ave dog become another statistic. He deserves better than that. Please contact myself or Pat or Renee at the shelter if you can help save his life.

God Bless,

Jessica Schleider
[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]_________________________[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Omg please some one take him im in ontario so thats out sending prayers and a speedy home hes beautifull

Patricia

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia Lippai
I would take him but I am in Manitoba,please someone give this beauty a home,look at his eyes♥

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have a feeling he's a bit older than 7 myself, but who cares!:hug8: I wish I could take him, I would.:(

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
If I had my own place I would love to take him in but unfortunately I don't. He does look older then 7 but those eyes look so sweet and full of love. I really hope someone can open their heart to him and offer him a home..

Juhi882

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
OMG...He's so cute and innocent, looks like an angel...!!
I hope and pray he gets a loving and caring home soon....

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Carole, my husband coworkers runs a dog rescue I'll forward this information on to her. :)

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Carole, my husband coworkers runs a dog rescue I'll forward this information on to her. :)
Thanks for taking the time to do this!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks Nikki.:hug8: The ph # has been deleted for privacy, so let me know if you need it.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Please contact OP if anyone is interested in this beautiful guy.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh poor baby....looks just like my 16 year old chocolate lab. I think he is older than 7. Won't a labrador rescue take him...I will look into it.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
those pics are breaking my heart, but already have 6 here and have been uuummm, warned, no more!

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Poor guy. It just breaks my heart when people turn their old dogs into the shelters. I sure hope he's able to find a home. I say if my hubby ever wins the lottery that I'm going to open a rescue up for senior dogs. Just not fair.:(

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
He is quite handsome. Hope he finds a great home soon :)

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Hi Carole, I just sent you a PM... She has people that are interested in him, just needs the contact info! :highfive:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Wooow im praying

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month