• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caitec Oven Fresh Bites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastelling

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
My birds and I love them! The smell sooooo good, and have a unique crunchy texture.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I asked for a free sample and they sent me one. I don't like the smell. It isn't bad, but it isn't good, either. Kiwi will eat them, but he doesn't love them.

LittleGems

Neither my birds nor myself was very fond of them

Chevelle

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jessica
My birds like them...the smell was overpowering in a bedroom with them stacked in both birds' bowls. Like Kiwi said it's not a bad smell, but it's not good either. They have kind of a sweet/grainy/earthy smell..not sure if you've ever smelled "sweet feed" for horses but it's kind of like that.

kastelling

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
:huh: I think they smell good. Like veggie stew, maybe? I can't quite pin it down, but I like it!

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
I wasn't crazy about the smell either, but all four of my birds liked them. The cockatoos LOVE them, Hardy enjoys one or two per day, and Tonka just crunches them up to destroy them, I think... :D

I put them in foraging toys so the cockatoos have to work for them.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I think they smell good too - barley and oats and wheat germ are predominant to me - but it IS a stronger scent than some pellets have. My conure is the only one who would eat them, but they wouldn't be the first thing he would choose out of a bowl of different pellets..

Jazzysmama

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
There seems to be mixed reviews with this food. My birds hate it and I hate the smell of it. To me personally, it smells like stale ginger bread that has set for a year. yuck. I gave the bag mine wouldn't eat to a family member who also has birds. Her fids hated it as well. Thats been our experience.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
My birds love them. All of them. I sometimes mix them in with the Bountiful Harvest for a change of pace.

featherbabies

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Barbara
My birds liked them. To me is smells like apples and cinnamon. But if you leave the bag open, you'll know since the smell is so strong. Right now I feed zupreem, so I looked into changing them over, and these are pretty expensive pellets!

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I do find the smell to be a little over powering, but my three like them.

quakingcanopy

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I was super interested in trying them but some of the ingredients have scared me away :(

Inkrose115

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie
I can't stand the smell, but Bella thinks they are 'cookies'. I know, I know some of the ingredients aren't the best but she gets them as a special treat until the bag is used up.

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
The smell was a bit overpowering to me also. Some of my birds liked them, some didn't.
I'll not get any more until I do more research on the ingredients, I wasn't real happy with the ones I knew what they were and the unknowns scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.