• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caique cage setup

skip51

Meeting neighbors
Here is how we have our cage set up for when we pick our Caique. OK for a Caique? Any suggestions? The water cup will go on the access door on the left (near the back); and there will be two food cups on the right side. One will be on the access door (near the back), and the other will be on the right side near the front. We still have some more foot toys to pick up. We are planning to have two or three sets of hanging toys, and rotate them every month. Any suggestions / ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Skip

Attachments

BirdGirl101

Moving in
Real Name
Emma Hudson
Hi! I'm not an expert but I think you could maybe add some wooden perches like the ones that resemble tree branches! Hope this helps! :):D;)

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
The cage looks great! Just add some more variety of perches (like the natural, different shaped ones) and maybe a few more toys. The ones I saw at the pet store were jumping from toy to toy! (But I also overfill my cages and we have conures, lol)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Actually - I don't have more perches than that in my caique cages. I have maybe 5 toys in each cage plus a ton of foot toys, which I pick up a zillion times a day and put back in teh containers on the cage side. However my guys like to play in one cage and then the other, then in the living room then in the bird room. So I guess you could say they have 4 cages’ worth of toys.

Also - caiques like to dunk their food so water close to the food is less aggravating for them.

skip51

Meeting neighbors
latest cage additions. A natural wood perch at upper left with varying diameters, a pedi perch on the door and another to step onto to get to the food cup at the back right of the cage. There is another food cup at the upper right of the cage (one for pellets and the other for veggies and fruits), and one on the back left for water. We just got a "bathtub' that we have to clean / disinfect to put near the lower right-front. We also put a 'happy hut' on the back. We have more foot toys ordered, and are working on obtaining more hanging toys to swap in and out every 4-5 weeks. Ideas? Suggestions?

Skip

Attachments