• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Caillou + Japser update... and Guilt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amandarae7

Moving in
Hello All, I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that Caillou is not almost 5 months and still doing great... though he STILL ONLY likes me. In fact NOBODY else can handle him what so ever. He is still receiving his night time feeding which I think is never going to end. He will screech to no end until I feed him that feeling. I also feel as though he has regressed some as he is barely touching any food lately besides the formula. Jasper (My Eclectus) is still a brat and wants Cai gone... but that is to be expected!

Though... I am guilty. I have had a lot of horrible things come up over the past couple months. I had a recent death that sent me in to a downward spiral. On top of that I just graduated College and made a pretty big career change. I have not had like any time over the past couple months to spend with my two birds. I feel so terrible. I feel like I have been so emotionally exhausted the past couple months. My life is crazy anyhow, I am a single mother to two young children (four and five), I have two parrots and I work full time! I do feel like the dark cloud is starting to lift finally and I am feeling more like myself... though... the more I feel like myself the more guilty I feel. I feel like my birds, especially my new member, Caillou, must HATE me! :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.