• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CAGs that don't get along?

Cupcake

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
~Ann~
Hi All,

Long time member and rescued a 35 (now 36) yo CAG last year. She was with her original owner that entire time and he sadly had dementia and the family needed to find her a home. Her name is Lucy and she's mean as a snake and will take your arm off if you get too close ;-) But she's a good girl and goes in and out of her cage easily. If I need to hold her, I just use a perch. She's excellent at the vet and at her recent check up she's very healthy! (and confirmed a girl!)

Question is that Rigby, my 12 yo CAG and Lucy LOATHE each other. Fortunately they don't fly to attack each other. They're happy to just be in the same room (at least 8 feet apart) LOL but they will fight if either one gets close to the other. Does anyone else have CAGs that hate each other but coexist this way? Are they happy this way? I just want them both to have the happiest lives ever.

They're both pluckers, unfortunately. Rigby started back in 2017 when I got divorced and Lucy started a few years ago when her owner got sick.

Pix of my Lucy.

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I have 1 grey and 2 amazons that dont really like eachother but co exist well as long as no one over steps their cage boundaries ... everyone stays on their cages or stands when we have out of cage time and every one is happy ...my amazons dont like to be touched but are very good at coming in and out of their cage ...I would treat her every time your are near her in or out of cage make it like your the god of treats and try to give her treats as much as you can so she gets to know you are the treat lady ..Im sure with this she will come around for you ..this is what Im doing with my guys and they are starting to come around but it takes time :cool: