• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Setup

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Very nice! That's one lucky little guy!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Nice setup ;)

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suhaimah
It seems perfect he will be very content and happy in there. I agree a very lucky baby has plenty of toys . I do think newspaper at the bottom of the cage will make it even better for him..:heart:

birbfriendios

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Dodie
It seems perfect he will be very content and happy in there. I agree a very lucky baby has plenty of toys . I do think newspaper at the bottom of the cage will make it even better for him..:heart:
Thank you, that's wonderful to hear! This photo was actually taken quite a while ago, and the cage lining has been changed to newspaper since then! :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Nice size cage with lots of toys. One suggestion is not to hang toys from chains or other fasteners that a small bird could get a toe caught in. I no longer use chains in the cage. You did a great cage decorating job.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I just spotted your ¨pedi perch¨. Best using the Hagen (living world) ones or the other bendy ones.

The pedi perch must have a smooth side to face up that comes into contact with the birds feet. The round ones can cause abrassions.

Amazon.com : Living World Pedi-Perch, Mini : Bird Perches : Pet Supplies

I think these are the other type, but I´m not sure. I have the Hagen ones.
Amazon.com : Sweet Feet and Beak Safety Pumice Perch for Birds Features Real Pumice to Trim Nails and Beak and Promote Healthy Feet - Safe and Non-Toxic, for Bird Cages - [ X-Small/Green ] : Pet Supplies

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
The pedi perch must have a smooth side to face up that comes into contact with the birds feet. The round ones can cause abrasions.

When these perches first came out I got one to see if they really worked. My Linnie sat on it and proceeded to eat and or pick off the rough stuff they put on there, So that was the end of that. No more

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
When these perches first came out I got one to see if they really worked. My Linnie sat on it and proceeded to eat and or pick off the rough stuff they put on there, So that was the end of that. No more

Those round ones are rubbish for doing that. Sydney destroyed one before I found the Hagen. It is made out of cement so the littles can´t pick it apart. You can feel the difference just holding the perches. The cement ones are heavy and not so abrassive, the round ones don´t have a smooth side and can do damage to the little birds feet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Cement perches sound hard and no so heathy for birdie feet.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have a groomer that comes to my birds for nail trims and does a good job. Sorry guys and gals the hard, rough perches will not be in use here.