• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage in human bedroom, yes or no?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I don't think anyone's mentioned this, so I suppose I'll make everything awkward! My advice would be to have a plan for when you want to be, let's put it this way, intimate with your wife. Between the inquisitive, extremely focused staring and the "YAY my flock is making noise, I must also make noise!" noise party, there's no way that I'd want Leia to sleep in our bedroom permanently.
..I don't know how to comment on this...so :nocomment:...:rofl:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’m sure there is someone on this forum with a bird who whispers sweet things and makes sexy noises at night and has done that since they got the bird from the previous owners who obviously kept it in their bedroom.

Ohhh I wish I could remember who it was!!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m sure there is someone on this forum with a bird who whispers sweet things and makes sexy noises at night and has done that since they got the bird from the previous owners who obviously kept it in their bedroom.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

I want to say it was in one of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly threads. Probably a zon or a grey. :laughing2:

Last edited:

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I don't think anyone's mentioned this, so I suppose I'll make everything awkward! My advice would be to have a plan for when you want to be, let's put it this way, intimate with your wife. Between the inquisitive, extremely focused staring and the "YAY my flock is making noise, I must also make noise!" noise party, there's no way that I'd want Leia to sleep in our bedroom permanently.
Thanks, I’m now concerned about my original plan to keep my bird in my room!

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
Cockatoos are too dang dusty in my opinion. Some people do it, some don’t. I’m one of the ones who don’t. But I’m fortunate enough to have a completely separate area of the house that I can shutdown and make dark and quiet for him when it’s bed time. Like all cockatoos must, mine also sleeps 12-13 hours a night. His bedtime is 7:30pm and he’s up shortly after I leave for work which is around 7:30-8:00. On the weekends I let him tell me when he wants to get up. That’s usually around the same time. Sometimes he sleeps until 9.