• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage help

amy burke

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have 2 gcc a sennie and a red belly. The gcc get along. My pois get along. I am wanting to put a cage in the family room that I can take outside for when we have nice weather in Denver and i am out gardening. I have a PITA HOA or I would build an outdoor aviary. So does anyone have recommendations for a nice flight cage that could work for indoor or outdoor for these guys. Only 2 would be in at a time as the littles boss the pois around. Go figure

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Are you able to roll it in and out?

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Are looking to roll their main cage in and out of house? I only ask because once they are loaded with toys and perches they get pretty heavy and I'd worry the strain put on casters as it is rolled over door jams and onto wooden porch or grass. What I would use is the standard A&E flight cage on wheels and I wouldn't load with as much as I put in their regular cages. Esp since I could be able to just pick up and bring inside easily or set somewhere. Also I would hate for wild birds to poo on toys that I couldn't easily clean and disinfect.
But that is just me and I have extra cages in storage anyways