• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage for Kylo

NK_717

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Forgot to mention incase it wasn't known: Kylo is a GCC

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think @webchirp purchased this cage before and commented that it was a bit small for her liking. At 28"x18", it's smaller than your average flight cage (32"x21"), which I think is the minimum for an active GCC, especially a baby.

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
I really prefer the "box" style cages instead of the ones with ornate tops because it gives you more room to put toys and such in the top. I would definitely go for a full flight cage with the larger dimensions.

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
They also make a cage that looks just like that (with the decorative top) that is the larger 32x21" size.
The smaller one is OK, especially if he's out a lot, but the larger cage is much better and you can feel less guilty on occasions when he might need to be caged more.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yes once you bowls in and stuff, it is too small.

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
I would also recommend a regular flight cage. Both of mine are in kings flight cages and they are a good size with plenty of room for toys and perches.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I'll have to see if there are any bigger cages available there, then
Kylo is coming home on Friday :fairy2:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Ask for an HQ flight cage, or if not available, an AE flight cage. They are bigger and likely will be cheaper.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Loro flight cage but they are more $$ and you probably have to order online.

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
I received my cage last night and and stayed up too late building it :rolleyes: Here's a photo of it with my pet soda can.
Even though I knew the dimensions, it's bigger than I thought it would be. Which I guess is a good thing for my bird-to-be.
It feels nice and study. Certainly tough enough for a conure (or a bee-bee parrot). The only thing that is weird is that there are doors on the sides at the very top that I assume are for accessing food and water without opening the cage. But they're so far up! Strange. But I'm really happy with this cage.

Attachments

MeganC

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
The small door at the top on the sides are breeder doors for attaching nest boxes. I use them for putting stuff on the back of the cage though, :lol:.

schnitzle

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Schnitzle
The small door at the top on the sides are breeder doors for attaching nest boxes. I use them for putting stuff on the back of the cage though, :lol:.
Ooooh!! I have so much to learn :D haha

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I received my cage last night and and stayed up too late building it :rolleyes: Here's a photo of it with my pet soda can.
Even though I knew the dimensions, it's bigger than I thought it would be. Which I guess is a good thing for my bird-to-be.
It feels nice and study. Certainly tough enough for a conure (or a bee-bee parrot). The only thing that is weird is that there are doors on the sides at the very top that I assume are for accessing food and water without opening the cage. But they're so far up! Strange. But I'm really happy with this cage.
Be sure your bird can't pop open the side doors. I tie mine shut because otherwise my IRN knows how to work the latches. No matter the size, I wouldn't put it past any parakeet to figure it out. I love the King's Flight cages.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name