• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage for alexandrine

birdnerd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
claire
Hey guys....
I have seen an Alexandrine on Gum Tree for sale, who looks like he is living in a dodgy cage.
Im still researching them....
Size wise whether i could accomodate him.
Can anyone show me pics of the cages for Alexandrines?
Also how much time out of the cage do they need? I do work full time, but would get time out each afternoon before bed. Is that enough? or do they need more than i can give?
Thanks. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My IRN is out all day, smaller bird,,, so his sleep cage is small, 22x22 width, by 30 hieght, but I always say get the biggest one you can afford, if they'll be in there most of the day.

Denice

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Denice Crago
This is the size I have for my ARN it would be an ok size for a Alexandrine as well. cabeA.jpg

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
well congratulations for getting an Alexandrine. best bird I ever had was an Alexandrine named Marlin. (that him in the photo sitting on my shoulder) I had a big cage which was about 180cm H by 90cm W by 60cm D. Time of the cage, has much as you possibly can and train, train, train and train. the one other thing don't take generalisations about Alexandrine has gospel. Marlin was highly sociable with both family and friends. They need to chew and chew and chew so be prepared to have lots of chewable things on hand. pine cones are really good.

Dhruv

Checking out the neighborhood
I have a prevue hendryx cage that easily fits an Indian ringneck. I'm assuming that it could fit an Alexandrine parrot too?