• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Confusion

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wayfair is selling several bird cages under different brand names.
They have not been selling Avian Adventures cages for a while but now they are back.
"Helfer Chiquita Bird Cage with Casters" by Tucker Murphy = Avian Adventures Chiquita
They have 9 in stock but only the emerald and blue colors and yet those colors were discontinued a few years ago.
They are selling the Huxley Nina cage by Tucker Murphy as well as the Avian Adventures Nina. They are both the same cage.
I'm happy to see them selling the AA cages again but am curious about this renaming by Tucker Murphy. They are also selling A&E cages with new names and I think I posted about that several months ago. Same thing with Featherland cages which are being sold at a much lower price than Caitec sells them for.

Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More

Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More This is the Caitec Featherland Ellicott Manor

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow..is that for real the same cages? Hmmmm.. that’s curious for sure.
Yes. I thought it was strange when I first noticed it months ago and it still seems strange. Now Featherland and AA cages have been added to the renamed cages that they are selling.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh how weird!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Could it be that a third party seller is involved? Wayfair is a furniture store, I doubt they really care that cage A, B, and C are the same. If a third party seller is selling cage A to Wayfair, and they say it's cage B, they might not care to compare it to cage A.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could it be that a third party seller is involved? Wayfair is a furniture store, I doubt they really care that cage A, B, and C are the same. If a third party seller is selling cage A to Wayfair, and they say it's cage B, they might not care to compare it to cage A.
I do think that Tucker Murphy is purchasing cages from other manufacturers and renaming. However it is very obvious who the manufacturer is.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Called Wayfair to ask about the cages and confirmed that the manufacturers are selling to Tucker Murphy and they are distributing. They are white labeling meaning that they are the same products but they are rebranded although looks to me as if the Avian Adventures tag is still on the cages.
Rep also checked with Midwest Homes for Pets regarding the fact that blue and emerald Chiquita cages are available and they confirmed that they are no longer selling these and they have not been selling them for a while. I think it's been a few years so guess these were still somewhere in the warehouse gathering dust and Midwest sold them to Tucker Murphy.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Midwest does this with several products. The Critter Nation cage for example is also made for PetSmart under the All Living Things brand.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What great demensions & price on that dome top! Ty for sharing them.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What great demensions & price on that dome top! Ty for sharing them.
For the Featherland or the Avian Adventures?
I am sort of spoiled when it comes to the AA cages especially after purchasing two play tops from Petsmart @ 3 years ago for $159.99 each.
Now they just have platinum dome tops and I'm hoping that they will have a BF sale on those. I want 4 more Chiquitas but prefer the play tops and would rather get ruby (discontinued color) or white but if the platinum dome top is priced nicely then I might purchase one.

adamc1303

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Adam
I ordered the Tucker Murphy large play top SS cage. It came in as I expected with the Prevue Hendryx label on it. Wayfair has them for less under the Tuxker Murphy name plus you can use a 10% movers coupon off Ebay. I got a 24 x 31 SS play top cage for 650 bucks!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can't find that on the website. Do you have a link?