• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cage Aggression

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
I just read the post on cage aggression and i have my setup with sleeping cages and a large walk in cage. I must say the problem i have had with my green wing is the same whether he is in his sleeping cage or the large walk in aviary. As a matter of fact i got my worst bite ever in the walk in aviary. My greenwing turned 10 years old and i have owned him since he was 3 weeks old. As of the past couple of months he has turned in to a killer that wants to destroy me like one of his wood toys, lol
I am really desperate and need help. Was thinking to myself is this why we have so many unwanted birds, when they reach this age????? I certainly could never in a million years give him up it would kill me.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This is a very common issues with adult parrots, especially males.

Do you have ankther macaw or other birds?

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
I have a blue and gold whom we thought was a male but i just did the dna and its a girl. She is 5 years old and we have had her also since she was 3 weeks old and a 32 year old amazon.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Is your GW bonded to your blue and gold? Or perhaps jealous?

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
They have been together in separate cages for 6 years and get along somewhat. Have to watch them when out. Blue is a mama' s baby. Red was mama's boy. But there was no issues for years until the past couple of months. Just dont understand this.