• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Buying a cockatiel

Teza2plays

Moving in
I’ve been looking for a cockatiel to buy but cannot find any. I live in Mitchell, SD and have been looking for breeders in my area or ones that offer shipping. I haven’t had any luck. I’m looking to buy a cockatiel for under $300. My local pet store often has cockatiels but I bought a budgie from them around a year ago that still is jumpy. He is out every day and interacted with a lot but he will fly away within 10 seconds. I have searched everywhere on the web and even looked into fertile eggs. Any suggestions?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Have you tried looking on Craigslist?

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How far are you willing to drive? Can you drive to Rapid? Very nice tiel breeder in Rapid, and last I knew her prices were under that $300 mark. PM me if you want her number.

Teza2plays

Moving in
How far are you willing to drive? Can you drive to Rapid? Very nice tiel breeder in Rapid, and last I knew her prices were under that $300 mark. PM me if you want her number.
I would be willing to drive to Rapid. Thank you! I am new and do not know how to PM you sorry could you PM me?