• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bumi's Vet Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So Bumi finally went to the vet yesterday, and as we had hoped everything is just fine. The vet said that Bumi will probably need to have her beak done with a dremel at least once a month to prevent that lower beak from getting too out of hand; The vet said that that looks like it may have happened due to improper feeding technique but she should be ok. The leg as we already know will be no problem to her :) she should be able to do just fine and suggested flat perches. (Already on the way!) Besides that the doctor said that her feathers will grow in nice and neat as soon as they get a chance to. Were happy to know that Bumi will be just fine! She eats like a champ and is now beginning to do her beak grinding noises :heart: .
Now lets just hope she gets along with the other birds as soon as quarantine is over. lol.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
so glad to hear this news.....you can also fashion flat perches yourself ...I used plywood about four inches apart and the length of the cage...also just a hint, if she is not used to havin gher beak dremmelled it can be incredibly terrifying for them....provide her with cuttlebone and mineral block..maybe she can wear it down enough on her own to avoid that.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Good news! Sounds like you will do all that you can for Bumi - soo happy you brought her into your home. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
That's wonderful news!:dancing:

AzaleaMist

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
Awesome!!:dance5:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
What fantastic news for you and Bumi.. :hug8: Aww and she is grinding her beak.. :heart: :heart: :heart: Gosh I really do love happy birdies and happy endings.. :starshower: :starshower: :starshower:

Birdy_in_VT

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kurt
That is the same news we got! Annie had her beak dremelled and the vet suggested I hold her so she is more comforted. She took it like a champ.

Flat perches can also be made out of hardwood lumber that isn't on the toxic list. We use poplar. The other thing to try to encourage perching is the cloth comfy perches. Basil is about 2 years old and can get around on all surfaces now on one foot but we still have cloth boings, fleece binky and a hut for him. Our one toed baby has the flat perches all of the time.

Glad to hear she is doing well.

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Thanks guys! And its a good thing my husband and I like projects because this will be our new one! We have a playstand for our tiels but Bumi cant get to it because its connected by a boing so we need to make like a bridge or something of the sort for her to get to it. Challenge accepted. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.