• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Budgie Twins!!!

Mariah Hughes

Strolling the yard
Hey all! Just wanted to share that I had two healthy baby budgies hatch from one egg a few days ago! I couldn't believe my eyes when I found an egg I assumed would never develop enough to hatch had hatched into two babies that were each about the size of an M&M on day 38 of incubation! I was candling old eggs the day before to throw them out and just happened to leave this egg in even though it looked like it only had one very small, yet moving, embryo inside. These babies hatched ridiculously tiny and seemed to almost double in size overnight. Now they are robust and healthy.

Unfortunately I did not get a photo on the day of hatching because I discovered them late in the night and I had been drinking... Hahaha. But here they are now - 8 days old! I will be fascinated to see if they are identical or fraternal twins, but I suspect fraternal is far more likely.

Attachments

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wait, they both came out of the same egg?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wow. I didn't know that was possible.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

Mariah Hughes

Strolling the yard

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
@PoukieBear have you ever seen budgie twins come out of one egg?

Anyway are you passing out cigars? Congrats

:Congratwav:

Nope, never! Actually, as I was reading the post all i could think about was it being a hoax. (sorry!)
I guess stranger things have happened, so I'll be watching this thread to see progress pictures of the chicks growing up.

Mariah Hughes

Strolling the yard

Nope, never! Actually, as I was reading the post all i could think about was it being a hoax. (sorry!)
I guess stranger things have happened, so I'll be watching this thread to see progress pictures of the chicks growing up.
I can assure you it is not a hoax, haha. This the same mom had an infertile double yolker a few months back ... never in my wildest dreams did I think she would not only lay another one, but it would hatch!