• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie obsessed with bums!

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
So I started doing lots of at home workouts because of Covid. Charlie was very interested. She developed a habit of perching wherever I was working out- on my arm if I was lifting weights, my back if I was planking. In particular, she liked perching on my bottom while I was doing squats, all the time, and now, often when I'm walking around, she flies to my bottom and lands there clinging on. I've just become used to walking around with a small fluffy budgie butt. She's not doing any harm, I don't know why she wants to do this. :what:

Yesterday my partner mentioned.. "whats with Charlie? She keeps trying to land on my bum.'

I'm like "yep, this is a thing now."

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Yesterday my partner mentioned.. "whats with Charlie? She keeps trying to land on my bum.'
Maybe Charlie is trying to flirt with him :roflmao:

Be careful, if it works too well then you won't end up with those pots and pans you wanted for your wedding gifts, as there won't be one:rofl: Looks like you've got competition Stacie...

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
lol @Ali
It's fun, warm, and she feels secure there (for whatever reason). So long as you're both fully aware at all times it needn't be a problem while she finds somewhere else interesting to hang out. Be careful that she doesn't dive in as you sit down.

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
lol @Ali
It's fun, warm, and she feels secure there (for whatever reason). So long as you're both fully aware at all times it needn't be a problem while she finds somewhere else interesting to hang out. Be careful that she doesn't dive in as you sit down.

I've learned with time the best thing to do with my budgies is wait their strange preferences out! If she knows I don't want her on my butt she'll just do it more...something else will happen. It always does. In the meantime, we just can't sit without checking....

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
get your name changed to "Budgie Butt" :lol:
:coffeescreen: too funny!!!

My lovebirds will grab on to my bum sometimes, or my legs if I have pants on :rolleyes:
I think they are just grabbing on to what they can to be honest. As long as you are aware, no harm done. It´s too easy to walk out of the room with a bird clinging on (boyfriend almost walked out with my friends bird clinging on to his back!) or sit down.