• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Budgie not leaving cage

arybary

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Lara
Hello! I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place. I've had my budgie Ari for about a year and a half now, and he's been acting unusual as of recent. For the past two weeks or so he's not been wanting to leave his cage at all, or at least far less so- my mum says he left it yesterday and he might've a couple of other times but I don't entirely remember. He's still his usual chirpy self, has a good appetite (and pooping normally), along with not displaying any obvious signs of illness like tail bobbing or puffing feathers out, but he just doesn't want to go out of his cage all of a sudden when he tends to do so daily. He's been like this when its cold or there's poor weather but it's warming up now and its been sunny more than anything. He's not that old, either- he was found by a family friend (though we couldn't track down his original owner) so we don't know his age exactly, but I don't think he could've been more than a year old when we first got him because he had some bars on his head/cheeks that aren't so visible anymore. He's not moulting, either, though regardless he's always still been active while moulting. I fear he's sick and I just can't tell, or something scared him outside his cage and he doesn't feel as safe leaving it anymore. Does anyone know what I can do to help him? Thank you!!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump