• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie eylids are swollen a tiny bit?

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
Hi,
My female bird name Picu her eyelids seems a little swollen. No cyst or anything. Vet said it could be because she had bacterial crop infection which was tiny but not much and said it could be because of that. But after a month like 2 days ago she would try to close her left eye for few mins or like 2 or 3 mins then would open her eyes. Now she is better. But wanted to know what eye drops can I use as it seems like it could be just inflammation or restless. Read your old thread in which some said use the over the counter saline eye drops that are made for contact lenses. Can someone recommend which one should I get or best for budgies?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This is a question for a bird vet. I would not use human eye drops on a bird and risk making the eyes worse. @Milo

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
That stupid new vet didn't gave me anything for her eyelids to soothe it. I would call tomorrow and would ask about this to my vet that my birds usually go to. I've been trying to call her but when she call back in return to my call I missed her calls because of being at work. Hopefully I would be able to get to talk to her tomorrow morning first thing. I was also thinking about human eye drops might be dangerous for birds especially for budgies but that thread was on this forum so.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How is your budgie doing? Hope you were able to contact the vet.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
It may not be an eye issue. What did the vet recommend?

Lovemybudgies4

Strolling the yard
Hi, thanks for your inquiries. She sent me eyedrops for her. But she already got better and now is fine. Haven't had a chance to put eye drops in her eyes as she already got better and now is doing fine. But I'll keep eye on her just in case. :)