• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Buddy says hello

birdiebot

Moving in
Real Name
Coley
I adopted my Jardine 1.5 years ago and he is approx 6 years old right now. His name is Buddy aka The Papaya, he is very sweet and very nippy. He's the best $2000 I ever spent! He wants to be right next to me always, I am a homebody and also work from home so he's the happiest bird. He loves to watch out the window and shred everything his big beak can reach. My husband is fond of him but scared of him, but Buddy prefers a hands-free relationship towards him as well so they get along quite well. Only downside is Buddy is very attached to me and gets jealous if I pay any attention to my husband while he's out, so we go in a different room for his scritches (he will nip me hard enough to hurt but very rarely ever even breaks the skin--I have yet to receive a nasty bite). He is very territorial over his daytime and sleep time cages, and occasionally lunges, nips, and then gives an evil laugh (which is hysterical) before he steps up. 99% of the time he steps in/out and up/down with no issue if I show him his treat bucket of nuts and let him pick his reward out after he steps up/down. His favorite things to say are "Buddy", "Hello", "Hey Buddy bird", "hey bird"; he mimics the snapchat notification, Skype notification, a telephone, the industrial fire alarm in our apartment midrise building, my sneeze, my husband's whistle he uses to greet him, he has a little doot dooby doo song he sings sometimes, he has an evil laugh he does when he's nippy, and a big belly laugh mostly reserved for my husband--he loooooves laughing at my husband! He also flock calls my husband a lot but prefers to not physically interact with him. Buddy is a quiet bird except for when I take the dog for her morning poo--then he screams like a very angry gull or something and it's a little painful. Buddy loves chewing palm stars, pine blocks, and loofa slices the best! I work from home so he peacefully plays with his toys while I'm working next to him--I buy in bulk and make my own toys because he can destroy a $30 toy in under an hour. He eats chop I make myself with as many vegetables as I can get at the store, and he still refuses to eat pellets (but he accepts safe for birds fruit juice from syringes quite easily, I work on that in case he needs meds in the future and eventually need to start towel training him for vet visits) 20240121_130134.jpg 20240114_172304.jpg 20231114_160114.jpg . He switched very easily from his junky safflower and nut mix he was fed at his old home right to my homemade chop and he loves it! His very favorite snacks are pomegranate, carrots, and pistachios!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley says hello! Ripley is 24 and a much pickier bird than you are, Buddy :lol:

IMG_20240114_111630_281.jpg

birdiebot

Moving in
Real Name
Coley
Omg, look at them both. Just gorgeous :faint:

Does Buddy pluck the edge of his wings? My Duckie does that in a similar spot. Just the little edge.
No he doesn't pluck, but he gets his feathers all scruffy by playing with toys on his back like a cat, so it's pretty normal to see fluffy down feathers sticking out.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome! :greet14: I hope you enjoy your time here! Buddy is gorgeous :heart2:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Buddy is so gorgeous :heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to Avian Avenue! Buddy is super beautiful! :swoon:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA! Buddy is such a handsome boy,i look forward to hearing more about him and seeing pics.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry