• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Brown Diarrhea

Familyof12

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Liz
Yay!!! I love it when they are okay in the end. The happiest endings of all!!! Hooray!!! :bounce4::marlenesmile::marlenesmile:

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
Another Update: His poops are back to normal, and he is still eating, drinking like normal! He just took a shower with me and is happily preening away. He still has tons of energy, which hes been using on his toys and my phone!

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
Yay!!! I love it when they are okay in the end. The happiest endings of all!!! Hooray!!! :bounce4::marlenesmile::marlenesmile:
Me too! I'm so glad that he's acting like his normal self!! Thank you for all your advice! He's my first feather baby so I'm very inexperienced. I'm glad I can count on people like you to be kind enough to help!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm glad he's back to normal. :) Are you still planning on taking him to the vets? I would just in case. There bubbles really do suggest an infection to me. It's possible he ate something weird and is over now. But it's also possible his body is doing a good job fighting the infection (if there is one) but he may still need antibiotics just in case.

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
I'm glad he's back to normal. :) Are you still planning on taking him to the vets? I would just in case. There bubbles really do suggest an infection to me. It's possible he ate something weird and is over now. But it's also possible his body is doing a good job fighting the infection (if there is one) but he may still need antibiotics just in case.
I was planning on it, but I can't drive myself and my parents arent going to be here in the upcoming week. I'm going to try to ask other family members but I doubt they'll take me. His vet visit may have to wait until they get back :( Either way, I'll still be taking him to the vet, the question is "when" though

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That's good :) I understand I don't drive either and I often have to wait a bit before I can get Zane to the vets too :)

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
That's good :) I understand I don't drive either and I often have to wait a bit before I can get Zane to the vets too :)
I'll definitely give you guys updates on his behavior in the days to come and when I finally get to a vet! Sadly the only avian vet around here is the one I called for the emergency (On their website it even says next to the emergency number "call for availability".. irony at its finest). The doctor also once told me she had a parakeet, conure, and macaw that she keeps in the same cage.. not sure if I heard her right, but it still bothers me!!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
The doctor also once told me she had a parakeet, conure, and macaw that she keeps in the same cage.. not sure if I heard her right, but it still bothers me!!
Yeah that would bother me too!! Doesn't sound right at all. Hopefully you heard he wrong

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The doctor also once told me she had a parakeet, conure, and macaw that she keeps in the same cage.. not sure if I heard her right, but it still bothers me!!
That's very strange and it would bother me, too. Maybe she has a huge aviary???

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
That's very strange and it would bother me, too. Maybe she has a huge aviary???
I dunno, either way I feel its a huge risk. That macaw could make one mistake preening and take that lil budgie or conures head off!!

EarthToEcho

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Medoh
Update on Medoh: Everything is still good and while his poops now have white in them as well as brown, like normal, they are extremely watery, This might be due to the fact that he took a shower with me yesterday, and just took another water bowl bath today