• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Breed of the cockatiel

aashna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
aashna
Your daughter may have just seen the reflection of something blue. A blue wall? Was she wearing a blue top/dress?
I don't remember. Will ask her to check again. She is a big birdie lover. :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
@aashna It sounds like she is wanting to mate. What your describing is typical sexually aroused female behavior. Just don’t pet her on the back or under the wings. Also, their are no weird questions!

aashna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
aashna
@Tiel Feathers
Thanks for your reply dear. We generally pet her in the neck area. Will keep in mind.
3 and a half month bird is sexually mature ? I mean any idea what age do they show this behaviour. Is this particular behaviour confined to females or males as well ?

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
In general this is mostly a female behavior, however I have heard of males learning this from females. That does seem a bit young, are you sure of her age? So at the beginning of this thread that picture of her is when she was at 8 weeks? Do you have a close up picture of her when you first got her?

aashna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
aashna
In general this is mostly a female behavior, however I have heard of males learning this from females. That does seem a bit young, are you sure of her age? So at the beginning of this thread that picture of her is when she was at 8 weeks? Do you have a close up picture of her when you first got her?

Yeah. That's what breeder said 8 weeks.infact he asked us to feed the bird with cerelac baby food as it was still not eating on its own. I have a picture clicked the same day when i got her. I am posting it. IMG_20190826_152300.jpg IMG_20190825_190204.jpg

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She does look young, so I guess she’s just practicing, so to speak. Every bird is different, so I wouldn’t worry about it as long as you aren’t stimulating hormones, which it sounds like you’re not.

aashna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
aashna
She does look young, so I guess she’s just practicing, so to speak. Every bird is different, so I wouldn’t worry about it as long as you aren’t stimulating hormones, which it sounds like you’re not.

Thanks dear. She can't even make a flock call properly. She is learning. Though she makes some chirping sounds and tries to imitate birds. I heard her making some pew, meow type sound :D