• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bourke's breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
Very excited, I have four pairs of bourkes all in the nest with eggs:laughing12: 1st pair is a pair of roseys male is split to lutino hoping for some rubinos out of them. 2nd pair is a rubino male and lutino female that should produce lutino males and rubino females 50-50. 3rd and 4th pairs are lutinos and hoping to get some more lutinos to make new pairs.The females have been in the nest from a week to two weeks not exactly sure since i didn't notice them go in and make their nest to get ready to lay. Good thing is these are all proven pairs so they should care for their babies just fine except for the third pair which are first time breeders so ill be watching them very carefully.:dance4:

MBS

Jogging around the block
Congratulations. I really hope you get some rubinos and that the new pair do well with raising their babies. I'm still thinking of having a Bourkes someday so it's good to know that you have some.

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
Well just wanted to update that all four pairs on sitting on fertile eggs and I expect all of the babies to hatch within this next week.:dance5:
1st pair has four fertile eggs.
2nd pair has four fertile eggs .
3rd pair has three fertile eggs.
4th pair has four fertile eggs
.:dance4:

MBS

Jogging around the block
Well just wanted to update that all four pairs on sitting on fertile eggs and I expect all of the babies to hatch within this next week.:dance5:
1st pair has four fertile eggs.
2nd pair has four fertile eggs .
3rd pair has three fertile eggs.
4th pair has four fertile eggs.:dance4:

That's wonderful. I hope you get a lot of healthy babies.

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
Yes! two babies have hatched one from my first time lutino parents and the other from my rubino male and lutino female.:dance5: the rest should hatch by the end of this upcoming week.:dance4:

Last edited:

isma945

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ismael Lara
Update. Well Most of the babies have hatched my first pair rubino male and lutino female hatched all four eggs and the babies are doing well. the second pair has hatched all five eggs and those babies are doing well. My new pair that had three eggs only hatched one egg unfortunately, but for being there first time they show promise the one baby has a nice and full crop. As for my last pair I am waiting for the four eggs to hatch and i am confident they will since they are my oldest and best pair. Ill post pics soon once i can catch them with out having to stand the mom up. (total of 10 babies, and 4 to come):)

MBS

Jogging around the block
Do you have any rosy babies? What parents do you need to get rubino babies?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.