• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and gold macaws eat very little and occasionally vomit.

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi guys.

I have a blue and gold macaw, now about 70 days old and weighing 1000 grams. I feed A19 milk powder with a syringe. When the crop is empty, you can only eat about 60ML of milk powder at a time. It takes about 6 hours to digest completely.Sometimes some milk powder will flow out of the mouth 2-3 hours after feeding, but this is uncommon. Sometimes he would shiver for a while after feeding. The stool looks normal. What could be wrong?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Can you clarify about the milk powder? Do you have a photo of the container?

@BrianB is the first one to come to mind to Tag for help, but I'm sure more will be along!

Xoetix,帖子:3718748,会员:57264 said:
能解释一下奶粉的情况吗?有集装箱照片吗?

@BrianB 是第一个想到向 Tag 寻求帮助的人,但我相信还会有更多!
[/引用]
I use the parrot milk powder in the picture. I mix 20 grams of milk powder and 50 grams of water each time. Usually 70ML of milk powder can be mixed, but after feeding up to 60ML each time, the parrot will stop eating.There are also pictures of parrots pooping.The green ones were from the past two days, and they are yellow all day today.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Until @BrianB or @Macawnutz are available to help you it might be helpful for you to have a look through this previous thread- page 6 might be helpful with the pictures of the age/weights and feeding amounts table. 8 weeks Blue and gold baby

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Are you following the directions perfectly when making the formula? The thickness and temperature are VERY important. Too thick and they can't digest, too thin and it has no nutrition. Too cold can cause fungus and too hot can cause crop burn. Do you have a vet available to have a checkup done? Can you contact the person you bought the bird from?

Are you following the directions perfectly when making the formula? The thickness and temperature are VERY important. Too thick and they can't digest, too thin and it has no nutrition. Too cold can cause fungus and too hot can cause crop burn. Do you have a vet available to have a checkup done? Can you contact the person you bought the bird from?
Yes.Milk powder is made exactly according to standards. It is weighed and temperature tested every time.