• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and Gold Macaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thank you. It is breaking her heart. She did try to hire someone but they live in the country. Everyone she found was unreliable.
Shame, dirty rotten shame

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
Sorry to hear about your friend. If I lived close I would love another macaw. They are by far my favorite. Tiki and Maui my macaws would love another sibling. South Michigan is a long ways from South Florida (about 1400-1500 miles). I wish Boz the best. I might have a friend in Central Michigan that might be interested. What is the rehoming fee and would a cage come with him?

Last edited:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
@aooratrix this is the rhymes with oz they were talking about.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Sorry to hear about your friend. If I lived close I would love another macaw. They are by far my favorite. Tiki and Maui my macaws would love another sibling. South Michigan is a long ways from South Florida (about 1400-1500 miles). I wish Boz the best. I might have a friend in Central Michigan that might be interested. What is the rehoming fee and would a cage come with him?
Small fee and yes to the cage, I will message you. It would be great to find him a forever home

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Thought I would check again to see if anyone is interested in a nice Macaw. He is still in need of a home, my friend is having difficult caring for him since her last back surgery and she feels he deserves more than she can give him
Thank you

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
Awww Boz. :( He's gorgeous, and I would LOVE to own a B&G one day but I just can't right now.

I've been keeping an ear out, but unfortunately I don't know many bird people let alone macaw people. I'll keep trying.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Hoping Boz...yes it rhymes with OZ will find a soft place to land!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I just sent the thread to the lady looking for one. I had to make sure it was okay. If your friend adopted through feathered friends of mi, I do recommend you have her contact Marie at the rescue. It’s why many do contracts...to make sure the bird is cared for...screening and vetting.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
@webchirp, thank you for passing on the info. She is really attached to Boz and thinks he will do poorly in a rescue, he is used to being part of a family. The rescue he came from was shut down and the owner has since passed. The lady who took over the rescue doesn't know of anyone looking for a big bird. Boz is really a good boy and deserves a soft landing.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Gotcha. I hope this person checks in...although if you would like to PM me information to have her contact you. I can do so.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I hope your friend finds a local home. I wonder if before going to craigslist craigslist, that she might consider rehoming to someone outside MI from AA who has been vetted by the community...ie someone who posts a lot and has shown they care deeply for their birds. Maybe this will expand the number of interested owners. He seems like such a special bird!

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
fingers are definitely crossed. I think your friend of a friend is meeting him Saturday and it sounds positive, positive to the extent to the extent I am visiting Boz tomorrow in the event it is a match. I feel for my friend, she is happy that this seems to be working out but she is also very sad and cannot talk about losing Boz. She wants the best for Boz. I know I want the best for Louise and would be feeling all kinds of sadness and guilt if I could not take care of her (have a little temp of that going on now, in 4th week of surgery recovery and I have not scrubbed down her cage in over a week, it will get done today or tomorrow, followed I am sure by a nap). My friends back is all kinds of bad, 3 surgeries and still constant pain. I hope to eat dinner in their living room so I can here him say his "hellllo" a few more times--that is his way of saying he wants some of what you are eating...

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Epilogue: Boz went to his new home today. The person had been calling to check on him and ask questions for well over a week. She had lost a blue and gold years ago and it left a hole in her heart so she is thrilled with Boz. I understand it to be an open adoption especially through the transition. My friend is overjoyed with how much the new person cares for him and how well set up she is to give Boz a safe place to land. She is also grieving his loss deeply. She wanted a great home for him and that is what he got and that givers her solace. Extra thanks to @webchirp who started a chain of inquiry that lead to this person who by all accounts is a perfect match for Boz.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so happy for all involved, but most of all for Boz! :wewin:

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
That's great! :D I'm so happy things worked out.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

bm550bm

Checking out the neighborhood
My friend is seeking to re-home her Blue and Gold Macaw. Boz is about 20 years old and she has had him for about 9 years and got him from a local rescue. She does not want to return him to a rescue, he needs a home. She is not taking this decision lightly and it comes with multiple levels of sorrow. She recently had her second back surgery and it was only moderately successful and she can no longer keep up with Boz's needs. Boz is a good boy. He is a typically behaved Macaw. He isn't a biter (every bird has bitten at some point, but she handles him all the time and only bit her once that I know of when he slipped off her arm-he bluffs at me all the time because he knows I will react). Other folks have handled him is well without incident. He is fully feathered. He eats well, pellets, lots of veggies, fruits and some of what ever you are eating that is bird safe. He does talk and does not have any foul language. If you walk past his cage at night, he whispers to you. If you have food, he will give a "helllllo". He loves to "play ball". He is affectionate. He is potty trained in the sense that he wants to back to his cage to do his business--always. She is looking for someone with big bird experience. He is loud-typical macaw-at dusk and during hormone season. She will not ship him and an interested person must meet him to discuss his needs. He is located in south west Michigan. If anyone can help find him a great home, it would be appreciated. You can message me and I will get you in touch with her. I will try to upload photos later.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.