• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bleeding budgie - please help

Dale Felton

Moving in
Real Name
Dale Felton
Hi, I just discovered my budgie bleeding from his wing, after checking him for around 10 minutes I couldn’t find a blood feather and so I just put a lot of corn starch on it to try stop the bleeding. I’ve put him back in his cage and am keeping an eye on him. He’s acting normal but keeps preening the wound site which is kind of stressing me out as I don’t want him to make himself start bleeding again. I’ve looked around and found around 8-9 drops of blood but no blood feather so I don’t think he’s pulled it out. He’s acting fairly normal but it’s my first time dealing with this so naturally I’m quite stressed as obviously I don’t want to lose my baby boy. Anyone got any tips or things I could try or look out for?? The vets are closed as it’s a Saturday otherwise I would take him. Thanks.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hi Dale,

Could you see a wound under the wing?
Is the bleeding still stopped?
If it´s not a feather, maybe he hurt himself on a toy or the cage. Try to investigate and figure out what it was so that is can be removed/fixed.
You may want to try to locate another vet that is open or an emergency clinic should your bird bleed again.