• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Black Russian Terriers

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I know it's a long shot, but does anyone here own one or have experience with them? I have an opportunity to buy a dog that didn't work out as a show dog due to a slight underbite. She's grown up with and is good with birds, cats, and other dogs. She's naturally protective, which I need: my neighborhood has turned a bit sketchy, and I haven't had a dog since my rescued GSD passed away a few years ago.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I've known and seen alot of dogs in my life but have never met or seen one of those. It's a good sign that they are not over bred.

I have worked with a giant schnauzer for 12 years , which is part of how they got the BRT, and if that says anything she will be incredibly intelligent, confident, loyal, and possibly a little stubborn so she will need a calm assertive leader. Plus will need frequent grooming and a towel nearby when she drinks.

If you've had a German Shepard before (they can be kind of bonkers) I'm sure you can handle it and she'd be a wonderful addition to your house.