• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds in flight - lets see your pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oknuma

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Oknuma
great shots everyone!
Danny is just gorgeous in flight, so determined and comical with his feet positioning hehe.

I have only tried flight shots with batman once, the first night she started flying. They arent great but here they are.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
BEAUTIFUL SHOTS EVERYONE!!

My camera stinks.. it wont catch a birds flight :(

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
What great shots! Love Danny's feet. :rofl: Reminds me of my family's WBC... NOT a graceful flyer! These are from a while ago when I went to visit my parents. Had my mom man the camera while I called the birds. :)

Not the most flattering photos of Linus... lol

And a few of Kai. :) I need to get some now that his flights have grown back completely.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I really love all these photos.

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Wow, there are some GREAT and FUNNY pics here!

Here is one of my Caique I took for a photographer class years ago:

It's about as blurry as they come, but it's the best I've got! I can't ever get a picture of Sparx flying, she's WAY too fast.

Kimba

Sprinting down the street
Wow....great shots everybody!!!!!!!!!

Here is my only good flight shot, Eve's flies too fast. Vasa's can out fly coopers hawks, sooooo these shots are very hard to get in the house!

here is an outdoor one, eve is blurry but I like the shot anyway!

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
So many fantastic photos!! Keep 'em coming :D

drop

:wow:

I can't believe that I missed this thread first time around. Everyone has such great photos!

hsmoscout

WOW, those are some great pics. How do you all take such good pics other than having a DSLR.
I actually find it a lot harder to get flight pics with a DSLR. Yeah, you can crop the pics more, and the clarity is better, but if you shoot full manual like me it's very hard to get all the settings, focus and timing correct.

birdman78

Real Name
John
I actually find it a lot harder to get flight pics with a DSLR. Yeah, you can crop the pics more, and the clarity is better, but if you shoot full manual like me it's very hard to get all the settings, focus and timing correct.
Good point. I just want some clean clear flight shots. :rolleyes:

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
I always take a couple of test shots to work out what settings to use. :) You cannot beat the lack of pause between finger push and capture, that you only really get with a DSLR, for action shots, IMO. Currently I use AI SERVO for the flight shots and pan the action until I have the rough composition I'm after. I'm going to try with manually focussing on a set distance and have Danny 'fly through' the focus.

hsmoscout

I always take a couple of test shots to work out what settings to use. :) You cannot beat the lack of pause between finger push and capture, that you only really get with a DSLR, for action shots, IMO. Currently I use AI SERVO for the flight shots and pan the action until I have the rough composition I'm after. I'm going to try with manually focussing on a set distance and have Danny 'fly through' the focus.
True. I'm used to my slow clunky noisy normal lenses, but I had pretty good success with the 100mm macro the other day, but silly me forgot about AI Servo that particular day so I was using One Shot. I tried Servo with my friend cat with the new lens two days ago and it worked like a charm! :dance4:

Oknuma

Real Name
Oknuma
Last night dd helped me get some flight shots of batman.
I took heaps but this one was the best

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
That's very cool Oknuma! :D

GreenParrot

Sprinting down the street
All of the pics posted here are trully awesome! :D :highfive: :dance4: Thanks everyone for sharing these shots with the rest of us! :)

And here are a couple of mine. I took these last year, I'll have to get some news ones and share them with you.

I called her to come to me with camera in hand and this is what I got. :D

She's fully flighted, I've only clipped her once in the past when she first came to live with us and I've never touched her flight feathers ever since. Its been a lot tougher to train her but I think that it's worthy it. :)

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Chiquita Banana in flight.

Chiquita loves to steal things and take off as you can see.

About to take off for flight.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Haha, the photo with Chiquita taking the pen is precious!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.