• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Birds and appliances

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
The apartment I'm renting has a rather large utility room where the washer/dryer, furnace/AC, and hot water tank are stored. I'm wondering what would be the immediate dangers of all those appliances being in close proximity to the birds. I wish I could section off one end and turn it into a bird room but I'm still wary of any fumes/burnoff/etc. that might come from that stuff - yet on the other hand I wonder if it's really a concern at all given the forced furnace draws from that room and blows it all through the house anyways. Everything but the washer/dryer would be framed off and inaccessible to them. Thoughts?

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Since it comes through the vents anyways, I am not sure that you can do anything about it. I was going to suggest that you have a fan blowing in the direction of the utility room, but that will not help with what comes through the vents. You could try calling your vet's office and see if he/she has any suggestions.

Matt

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
You could also try getting an air purifier.