• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Bird shoppin' (birthday haul)

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
"Dont you spend all your birthday money on those _ birds" - my mother

me: proceeds to drop over £100 on them.
Do my birds need a macaw sized boing? no. But did I buy two of them? absolutely.
Today the first of the lot came, this climbing frame! Neither of them are interested (i had to lure june on here for the picture, her face is orange bc she had tumeric for dinner XD)
I'll add to this thread when the rest of the stuff comes!

IMG_0018.JPG

(someone on my discord asked where the mother mother poster came from, just in case you guys wanna know I painted it, yes the birds do think its seed and peck at it)

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

Do my birds need a macaw sized boing? no. But did I buy two of them? absolutely.
Today the first of the lot came, this climbing frame! Neither of them are interested (i had to lure june on here for the picture, her face is orange bc she had tumeric for dinner XD)
I'll add to this thread when the rest of the stuff comes!

View attachment 434386

(someone on my discord asked where the mother mother poster came from, just in case you guys wanna know I painted it, yes the birds do think its seed and peck at it)
Hopefully they get use to it my dad only buys me bird stuff now for my birthday n Xmas haha :rofl:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Oh and happy birthday hope you had a brilliant day :cheer:

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson

tah dah, all the stuff came today - I am ill rn so i am so sorry for my general nasaliness and sniffing XD
Forgot to mention,, the two toys with cotton on them will be out of cage only so I can supervise them :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Glad you had a great birthday! :cakeeater:

Love the toys! Your birds are gonna have such fun with them! :bliss:

I had some toys like that near the end of your video, you said about bigger beaks, and two of my lovebirds loved them for playing with even though they couldn't chip them or break them. My male would hold it when mating his boing :ummmm: and my youngest girl would climb inside hers and "hide" in it. So little birds can still have fun with those toys :)

Ps. you have such a lovely clear posh accent

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
my dad only buys me bird stuff now for my birthday n Xmas haha :rofl:
It's actually a very clever economically friendly arrangement :)
There are some folks who don't want stuff for chrismasses and birthdays, and there are others who insist on gift giving. So at least receiving things for the birds to play with/use means that the gifts are being used, but also enjoyed - not only by the birds, but also us watching them, and the gift giver either watching them or watching the video clip we send :lol:

I have also asked for a cage in the past (well, I bought it and my parents sent me the money)....

AzaleaBeth

Strolling the yard

Tell her that you could be doing worse things with the money! I worked at a grocery store where I had to sell lottery scratch-offs/scratch cards. People would spend all their money on scratch-offs, then return some of their groceries so they could buy more.

Our pets are one of my main hobbies. Most money that I receive for a birthday or holiday will be spent on them! It makes me happy to watch them play with new stuff and enjoy treats.

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
Tell her that you could be doing worse things with the money! I worked at a grocery store where I had to sell lottery scratch-offs/scratch cards. People would spend all their money on scratch-offs, then return some of their groceries so they could buy more.

Our pets are one of my main hobbies. Most money that I receive for a birthday or holiday will be spent on them! It makes me happy to watch them play with new stuff and enjoy treats.
this this this. I would describe it as watching your kids open presents on their birthday. Like both my birds are already chewing on the tufty bits of seagrass on their toys and im elated. My therapist asked me to draw my dream life and i drew myself with my own little flock of birds in a little condo, spending most of my day tending to the animals and doing art.
Ive never been a normal teenager XD my mum went on holiday once and my first thought was "aw yis! now i can bake cakes without being distracted" instead of like, throwing a party or smth.

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
Glad you had a great birthday! :cakeeater:

Love the toys! Your birds are gonna have such fun with them! :bliss:

I had some toys like that near the end of your video, you said about bigger beaks, and two of my lovebirds loved them for playing with even though they couldn't chip them or break them. My male would hold it when mating his boing :ummmm: and my youngest girl would climb inside hers and "hide" in it. So little birds can still have fun with those toys :)

Ps. you have such a lovely clear posh accent
Yeah come to think of it, my budgies do like to shake things back and forth, which they could do with that toy. I wonder if its instinctual, like emulating something theyd do in the wild.
Ive never heard my accent being called posh before XD I kinda like it. My accent varies wildly depending on who ive been talking to - autism things :embarassed:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
It's actually a very clever economically friendly arrangement :)
There are some folks who don't want stuff for chrismasses and birthdays, and there are others who insist on gift giving. So at least receiving things for the birds to play with/use means that the gifts are being used, but also enjoyed - not only by the birds, but also us watching them, and the gift giver either watching them or watching the video clip we send :lol:

I have also asked for a cage in the past (well, I bought it and my parents sent me the money)....
I hate present I know I am werid I don’t think the attention to be fair so my dad knows just to give me bird things everyone else gets me pjs and used to be candles but obviously had to give them up

aww that’s lovely was that your new stack one ?
I might try that with my dad my mum won’t buy anything for birds

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

tah dah, all the stuff came today - I am ill rn so i am so sorry for my general nasaliness and sniffing XD
Forgot to mention,, the two toys with cotton on them will be out of cage only so I can supervise them :)
Looks like some good stuff there need to loads of pictures of budgies having fun

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
aww that’s lovely was that your new stack one ?
No, one one the prev. floor cages I had. I sold it and another and put that money towards this stack, so I guess it all get's reinvested :)

Ive never heard my accent being called posh before XD I kinda like it.
I'm northern. Our accents are very different :lol:

Looks like some good stuff there need to loads of pictures of budgies having fun
I second this if there are any pics! :budgie: :budgie7: :budgie5: :budgie8: :budgie9:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
No, one one the prev. floor cages I had. I sold it and another and put that money towards this stack, so I guess it all get's reinvested :)

I'm northern. Our accents are very different :lol:

I second this if there are any pics! :budgie: :budgie7: :budgie5: :budgie8: :budgie9:
I second this you do have a posh accent I am northern and stick out like a sore thumb in Somerset haha

OrangIsld

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jackson
I second this you do have a posh accent I am northern and stick out like a sore thumb in Somerset haha
which is weird bc i grew up in the working class XD Though in the nicest way possible rp accents sound generally more posh than up north XD

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
which is weird bc i grew up in the working class XD Though in the nicest way possible rp accents sound generally more posh than up north XD
Haha I am from Barnsley you hopefully you can imagine my accent haha car on road :rofl: