• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird Might’ve Broken Her Wing

Birblover7

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josie
I don’t know what happened, I wasn’t in the room
I heard screaming and ran in there and saw one of our cockatiels walking really weird and screaming in pain. From what I saw I thought at first she lost a toe or a foot, but all toes were intact. She was biting and screaming at any bird who got close to her and aggressively grooming one of her wings. I got closer to her and saw blood on her beak and wing.
My sun conure was in the room, I’ve had her for almost a year and she’s never shown any form of aggression to the cockatiels, but maybe something happened and she bit her. Or maybe another cockatiel did, but I don’t really see that happening unless she went into their nest, but even then I don’t think they could cause that much harm.
The windows were uncovered, so she may have flew into it but she was on the side of the cage when I went in, so I don’t know
She stopped screaming after a while and was acting overall normal, but when my parents got home (like 30 minutes later) I told them the situation, and one said that her wing was drooping and she couldn’t fly
They’re debating bringing her to the vet, the issue is it’s 3 hours away and they have a tight work schedule (and I can’t drive)
I’m going to keep watching her and see if she gets better, but I don’t really know what else to do. They’re going to call the vet in town to see if they could treat her, but I don’t have much hope there.