• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird Mart -- Pomona, CA

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Everybody's Birdmart will be at the Los Angeles County Fairplex in Pomona on 3/19, 9:30-4.
Admission is $10, parking is $10.
I'm not planning on going but thought I would post this in case anyone is interested.
Used to enjoy going but haven't gone in years because I didn't like what I saw regarding the birds, didn't like that they were selling other animals and didn't think most of the prices were bargains when can get equal or better prices online.
If you go take a shower when you get home and put on different clothing. Also good idea to clean off bottom of your shoes with a disinfectant.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If anybody went I am curious to find out what it was like. I thought about going but decided to pass. However would like to know if it's better than the last few times I attended.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
This might be where @csnake91 purchased his amethyst starling.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went this year for the first time. We've been to local bird marts here in Phoenix, but this one was much bigger. I don't have anything to compare it to, but there was a huge selection.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Back in the early 1990's ... that place was a mad house and was stuffed full of vendors, now they have a lot of open floor space. I did not go to it on March 19th nor have I been there for the last 6 years or so but I really don't need or want anything nor do I want to spend $30 just for me and hubby to look.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Back in the early 1990's ... that place was a mad house and was stuffed full of vendors, now they have a lot of open floor space. I did not go to it on March 19th nor have I been there for the last 6 years or so but I really don't need or want anything nor do I want to spend $30 just for me and hubby to look.

That's what I've seen happening as years passed by. It improved for a bit but the last time I went a few years ago it was not worth going to again.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went this year for the first time. We've been to local bird marts here in Phoenix, but this one was much bigger. I don't have anything to compare it to, but there was a huge selection.

There were two vendors that I liked: Bell's Plastics and another place which sold packaged pine, thick and thin, as well as lots of toy parts. Did you notice if they were there?

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
There were two vendors that I liked: Bell's Plastics and another place which sold packaged pine, thick and thin, as well as lots of toy parts. Did you notice if they were there?
I didn't go but my sister did. Bells Plastics was not there and several other normal vendors were also not there due to illness and/or other
commitments.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't go but my sister did. Bells Plastics was not there and several other normal vendors were also not there due to illness and/or other
commitments.

What did your sister think of the mart?

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
What did your sister think of the mart?
She said it was a lot busier then it has been in the past couple of years. However, as Jan said it doesn't have the same number of vendors it used. There is also other animals that are now being sold there along with non bird items.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She said it was a lot busier then it has been in the past couple of years. However, as Jan said it doesn't have the same number of vendors it used. There is also other animals that are now being sold there along with non bird items.

:(

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I recognized a few vendors that come through Phoenix a few times a year, but it was all new to me. One guy was selling a Mint GCC. Hopefully he comes to the next show in Phoenix and brings some with him.