• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bird lover from Illinois

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Wow i feel so bad, I've been apart of this forum for a while and never introduced myself^^;

My name is Lauren and I am 24 yr old female, living with my parents. I just graduated from college majoring in graphic design and minor in graphic communication. I am now working as a graphic designer as part time just trying to gain some experience and eventually working full time to move out. I have a boyfriend of almost eight years, he graduated college (we both did last may) and his major is mechanical engineer. He is 24 too.

Ever since I went to the zoo and saw macaws, I had loved birds after that, macaws are so adorable, and I love talking to them at the pet store or zoo. There was a macaw once on a perch at petsmart and he was so fond of me talking to him that when I went to a different section I felt like he would squawk for me. Later I liked looking at sun conures at the pet store, they are just so pretty and cute!

My b/f and I both were newbies to birds, and I had originally wanted a bird for graduation but (couldn't really ask my parents because they would say no as they were never a bird person/newbie was well to birds) so I drove 2 hrs away to look at this breeder's birds. I had originally wanted to buy the breeder's pied parrotlet it was the prettiest parrotlet I've ever see, it was mainly white with patches of blue and black. I had also liked her dilute blue, but they didn't come out of the cage because they were very shy. She had this one blue parrotlet that would always fly to me. I had been studying about parrotlets for two years and always had wanted one, the blue parrotlet was really sweet but we got 4 lovebirds flying to ours heads/shoulders, I've never seen so many cute and loving birds in my life. I decided to buy one of the lovebirds because well he was $25 which was crazy and he was also super friendly and super tame, so my idea for the parrotlet died, and I got Pri my violet lovebird!!

I had later told my parents that he was super friendly and I really wanted a bird, well their opinions totally changed when they met Pri and my mom loves him alot haha. She calls him her little grand bird. Now I'm not sure but I think he's a male since he is so affectionate, but I'm just guessing. Even my older brother who has a blue parakeet, he says Pri is way more friendlier...(though it made me mad once when he got him out of the cage without telling me, and he brought him into another room and also bathroom a different time....it makes me so mad when he thinks he can just go out of the room without my permission, he was also the main issue when my two dogs ran away and one of them became missing for a week and we thought she was dead, our black pug. u__u)

Anyways, just recently, the parrotlet was still on my mind and I love the way they sound and they are pretty cute. So I just bought one last thursday and picked him up, again it was hard telling my parents they weren't too happy but they learned to accept it, they just basically told me no more birds especially my boyfriend xD It's really sad though because Haku is just a baby and he's like well I like Pri better, and wouldn't even give Haku a chance since he's so afraid of everyone right now.

ANYWAYS, haha long stories....besides birds I really love to spend my time watching movies, eating out, playing nintendo video games (like the 3ds/gamecube), i love makeup like urban decay at sephora, i love the japanese culture and want to go to the country someday which is hence my username. I love pokemon use to collect the cards, figures, and plushes. I am at the point in my life where I have too much stuff and I am a saver and feel like i have alot of stuff in my room but cannt get rid of it, my floor is spotless but there is alot of stuff i need to give away haha like i have too many manga, perfumes, lotions, just random figurines! I love fantasy things too. I like to drink alittle mainly on weekends with friends. I like everything but prefer sweet drinks.

I dislike: tornados, most bugs like bees and grasshoppers, roller coasters/alot of rides, mac'n cheeese, potatoes,

Online I like to check facebook, leopets, email, use to play neopets, craigslist sometimes, and deviantart.
You can find me on deviantart as it's my homepage, under this username.

I hope I didn't talk too much!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:welave:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome Lauren. It was nice learning a little more about you and your birds. :hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I hope that you continue to enjoy the site!

Matt

Kay_belle_12

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kayla
Welcome!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcomesign: It is nice to learn a lil about you and your birds.

Just like you, I LOVE the Japanese culture. I've been to Japan a couple months ago for the first time and loved it even more. Awesome , intelligent , respectful, organized , creative people. Seriously, Japan is my favorite place to be in so far. You are gonna love it there. They have this giant Manga museum that we also visited. It was worth it. Recently, I grew an interest in decoden which was originally created in Japan. Wonderful country and wonderful people;)

Is a Haku a japanese name? What does it mean? (I love it btw)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Welcome to AA. I enjoyed reading about you and your feathered baby :)