• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Bird Hit Ceiling Fan! HELP

dearydivya

Moving in
Real Name
Divya
Hi guys, I need your help. My 1 month cockatiel hit by fan today 6pm. All avian vet are closed and a bit far. Most probably will be bringing to vet tomorrow morning. There’s no bleeding just blood clotted on her body. Her dropping was in red ( looks like blood), attached picture below. She is weak and sleep dropping her head. I worried to see her like that. Not eating or drinking. Please advice what I can do meanwhile I bring her to vet tomorrow. 7884B892-3EAE-482C-8F62-C36F112B697A.jpeg 4EB16918-8C18-47FE-BB61-597BC9A2AECB.jpeg

dearydivya

Moving in
Real Name
Divya
Hi guys, I need your help. My 1 month cockatiel hit by fan today 6pm. All avian vet are closed and a bit far. Most probably will be bringing to vet tomorrow morning. There’s no bleeding just blood clotted on her body.Refer to picture below. Her dropping was in red ( looks like blood), attached picture below. She is weak and sleep dropping her head. I worried to see her like that. Not eating or drinking. Please advice what I can do meanwhile I bring her to vet tomorrow.

D9D2D18D-C9F1-49C3-9986-5FA11E2C393F.jpeg B39875F1-0E72-46A7-A104-64D71B72CE6B.jpeg

dearydivya

Moving in
Real Name
Divya
She is bleeding internally. Please look around for emergency vets that can hospitalize her tonight. That is probably her only chance.

@Staff can we get this moved to 911?
She started eating & drinking now. She can walk out from the cage and stretch her wings. I suspect her leg is injured too as she standing in one leg. As you said it may have internal bleeding. Unfortunately not bet nearby are treating bird (just dog & cat). I just fix an appointment for tomorrow morning.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How awful, I hope she’ll be okay! She must be in terrible pain. Even a regular vet can prescribe an anti inflammatory/pain med. It’s very important to keep ceiling fans turned off when birds are out. Please keep us updated.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Have you called your vet to see if they have an after hours number to call with emergencies? Or at least give you ideas on how to help her until morning?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that your bird got hurt. How is she doing now? Hope all will be well.

dearydivya

Moving in
Real Name
Divya
Hello lovely people. Thanks a lot for your overwhelmed loving reply. I’m so glad reading your message. It helped me to stay strong in such situations.

Let me update on my bird. I brought her to vet today. He check every inch of my bird and there’s no fractures. The affected area is swelling and he have given an antasone cream for that. Along with nerve supplements, methycobal, rimadyl, multivitamin and metoclopram. Doctor just advised not to allow her to fly for 2 week at least, just for fast recovery.

So my bird Ivy is better now. You can see the picture below as she sleeping on my chest for warmth. Once again thanks a lot for all your loves. ♥

82E737CD-C049-4AB0-A222-5A453B652674.jpeg

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for the update and thank you for getting her help so quickly. She looks quite content getting some snuggles. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Thanks for updating us. If people don't or forget we get really worried about them.