• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Bird got stuck in the door

TalkinTimneh

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathie
So glad to read that Remy is doing alright...now it's just up to time to heal him completely and get him back to his old self.

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Sounds like one lucky little bird. Even though nothing was broken he is probably really sore from being pinched/squashed like that. Sounds like he is on the mend and hopefully will be back to normal quickly.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I hope he is doing better today. I make a habit of not having my birds out whenever there are visitors in my home. Others are not too safety concerned for our birds and some do not even like them. You must have enough space between the top of door and frame that he was not crushed. Whew, what a thought!

Masquerade

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
My friend's daughter is only two and she loves coming round just to see the birds so I usually let them out. I will keep Remy inside when she visits now I think. I don't blame her for it, she didn't do it on purpose. My friend is quite upset and is insisting on paying for the vet visits.

Remy seems like he's recovering. He's been a bit sleepy but he is moving around a bit more and just had something to eat. I think the pain relief has made him feel a bit better. My ringneck is insisting on sticking close to Remy as the two of them are good friends and I think Marvel can sense something is up.

I've had Remy since he was 8 weeks old and I'm very very attached to him. This whole incident has been incredibly stressful. Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so glad your Remy is feeling better. That was truly an "accident" and I'll bet Remy avoids that door from now on.

The Metacam will reduce the pain that Remy is in - my girl has been on it for years for arthritis.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank goodness!! I am so, SO glad that he is going to be okay. :) He really is a little miracle bird. It's incredible, just incredible. I can imagine what you were going through emotionally - it's a very traumatic experience. I am so happy and relieved for you, and I am very glad that your friend is insisting on paying for the vet costs. :bluhug:

Pentameter

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lucy
I hope he continues to do well!

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:smileflower:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
So glad remy is ok and has been given pain meds to help him as he is recovering. You surely were blessed with a miracle and i know you must be thrilled and relieved he is ok.

Masquerade

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I am happy to report that Remy is almost back to normal today. He's a little less active than normal but he's started being naughty again - that's how I know he's ok! He's eating, drinking, preening and playing with my Indian Ringneck so I'd say he's feeling better.